Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Nivek
Nivek began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Viewing Authorized Devices

The Reader Store says that I have 3 authorized computers. One's got a friendly name but the other two say "Description: Reader Library 1" and "Description: Reader Library 5". I'd like to determine what those devices are so that I can de-authorize one of them.

Anyone know of a way that I can determine what these devices are?

/Kevin
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
1. If you are able to de-authorize a computer, that is the computer you are currently logged in with. Rename it to a meaningful name. i.e. Desktop.

2. If you have another computer, log in with the other computer. There will only be a de-authorize option for the computer you are currently logged in with. Rename it to a meaningful name. i.e. Laptop

3. Repeat step 2 for any other computers.

If you have any computers left over without meaningful names, rename it/them to "Please delete 1", "Please delete 2", etc. and contact customer service and ask them to un-authorize the computer(s) named "Please delete 1", "Please delete 2", etc.

I had to do something similar when I returned a defective netbook that I forgot to de-authorize before I returned it.

From the Manage Devices screen.
Quote:
To add or de-authorize a computer, you must first log in to that computer.

Can't access that computer anymore? Contact Customer Service.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-13-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
Nivek
Nivek began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505

Hoping there'd be a quicker/ easier way though.

/Kevin
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote