Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
epub editor for android (does it exist ? )

I hope this is in the good section of the forum, can't find another one that would fit.
I am looking for an epub editing software for android.
With total commander for android I have to rename them first to zip, making it a lot of hassle.
Why do I need it ?
I can connect my Kobo reader to my advent tegra tab, and edit the books if needed, but I can't find a good editor to do it.
I need to adjust the .css files and things like that.
Now I always have to go to my computer to edit them, while hooking up to my tablet is so easy to make a quick change.
Sigil is not available for android ( as far as I know) but an app that can do the same would be great.
So if someone knows a program that can do this, please ?
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Sigil is actually the only pure EPUB editor I know. (As in, an application that opens, saves and creates pure EPUBs, not a word processor with EPUB export possibility.)

I've taken a look in the play store, but the only EPUB stuff I find there are applications that can read it, not edit it.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Sigil is actually the only pure EPUB editor I know. (As in, an application that opens, saves and creates pure EPUBs, not a word processor with EPUB export possibility.)

I've taken a look in the play store, but the only EPUB stuff I find there are applications that can read it, not edit it.
Yes, that is what I found out too, but there are a lot of programs that are not in the playstore, so I was hoping for something like that ..
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:27 AM   #4
increase
Connoisseur
increase began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I wanted to proof read epub3 on android, most readers allow you to highlight, is there a reader that allows text changes?
increase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:21 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by increase View Post
I wanted to proof read epub3 on android, most readers allow you to highlight, is there a reader that allows text changes?
There is a program called Book Creator.

https://bookcreator.com/2014/04/book...es-to-android/
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #6
increase
Connoisseur

Thanks JSWolf I tried that but it would not load my epub on the android?
Old 07-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #7
increase
Connoisseur

They are discontinuing the android version in favour of Chrome version, but the online chrome only allows import from Bookcreator files, seems a little restrictive, any others?