Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Better Hyphenation Dictionary sticky?

Could we get JSWolf's Better Hyphenation Dictionary thread stickied?

It is a useful add and every time I update my Kobo's firmware, I have to go search for the thread.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:51 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

It is a useful add and every time I update my Kobo's firmware, I have to go search for the thread.
I'll agree with this. When I go to find the link to post for someone, I have to go hunting for it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2022, 03:49 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

If you patch, you can set the patch to include the hyphenation dictionary.

This is what I do in the kobopatch.yaml file at the very end.
Code:
files:
  C:\Download\Kobo\Hyphenation/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic: usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic
So I don't have to remember to update the hyphenation dictionary every time I patch.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

I do agree that the better hyphenation thread should be stickied. It's very useful and I don't know how many would install it if they found the thread.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I’d also like to see this get stickied. Jon might give some odd advice, but this is clearly a useful mod.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2022, 04:59 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Kobo could fix the hyphenation dictionary if they dropped the value from 5 to 2.