Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
Haplo65
Haplo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo HD GLO / Clara 2E
Modification impossible on my device [KOBO]

Hi All,

First of all, thank you to the author of Calibre and the great community behind this forum.

I have a Kobo HD Glo, with the lastest firmware (4.14.12777) and the latest version of Calibre 3.42.0.

I try to modified books on my device via Calibre, but I've got a failure message (see the image in attached).

Here is the translation of the message (much easier) :

Your Kobo is running an updated version of the firmware/database. As template has no information about this updated firmware, the database edition has been disabled to avoid corruption. You can still send books in your Kobo with template, but book deletion and collection management are disabled. If you are willing to experiment and you know how to reset your Kobo with the factory settings, you can cancel this control by right-clicking on the device icon in the template and selecting "Configure this device" and then the option "Try managing a newer firmware". You may then need to reset your Kobo to factory settings.
Device database version: 152.
Device firmware version: (4, 14, 12777)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I do not understand what it means.
Is it Calibre who don't manage the new firmware ? Or do I need to perform some actions on my device ?

I appreciate your help and support.

Thank you,
Haplo65
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Presse-papier01.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	171368  

Last edited by Haplo65; 05-07-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Haplo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo65 View Post
Hi All,

First of all, thank you to the author of Calibre and the great community behind this forum.

I have a Kobo HD Glo, with the lastest firmware (4.14.12777) and the latest version of Calibre 3.42.0.

I try to modified books on my device via Calibre, but I've got a failure message (see the image in attached).
I do not understand what it means.
Is it Calibre who don't manage the new firmware ? Or do I need to perform some actions on my device ?

I appreciate your help and support.

Thank you,
Haplo65
In calibre, open Preferences => change calibre behaviour => Plugins and type kobotouch in the search box. Select KoboTouch (or KoboTouchExtended if you are using it). Click on Customize plugin and on the 3rd tab, click the Attempt to support newer firmware checkbox.

Davidfor has already posted in the Kobo forum to the effect that there should no bad side effects by enabling this option.

The support for the new firmware version will be in the next calibre update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmware_support.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	171372  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Haplo65
Haplo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo HD GLO / Clara 2E
Hi DNSB,

Thank you so much for your feedback

Ok, so I understand well, it is not harmfull and I want to put the oxen before the cart

Also, thank you for the "heads up" concerning the workaround solution, and the confirmation from DavidFor (KoboUtilities).

Again, thank you so much for your help and quick answer

Have a nice day and this post can be closed.

See ya,
Haplo65
Haplo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Threads never get closed around here. They do drift off down the active list but several times, I've found answers to questions I had when search popped up an old thread.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote