Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-23-2019, 05:58 AM   #31
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Hi,
I have both Likebook Mars and Onyx Boox Nova Pro. Hands down the Nova wins on the screen front, the text is crisper and the light is more gentle and even compared to the Likebook Mars (T80D). The overall experience with Nova is great. I used Likebook Mars for about 3 months, and Nova for under a week. Nova however is not perfect, I miss the sd card slot and the headphone jack in the likebook mars. Also the other thing I miss is that Likebook Mars accepts dictionaries in mobi format, but Onyx is more limited to Stardict. Of course, Nova has a stylus input too. Hope this helps!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #32
rcaban
rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
do a long press on whatever file icon.
A context menu will appear and the "open with" will list every installed app able to cope with that file.

Thanks for the great advice but when I am in the Drpbox app on the Boox NP and long press that I, I don't see an OPEN WITH list. I tried to export the file in Dropbox and all looks fine until I select the folder on the NP but the file never downloads. It's almost like there should be a download button to end the task and I just don't see it.

Let's define folder.
From Library you can create "virtual shelves" with the icon close to the search one.
Long press --> move will move a book from the main library to the virtual shelf.
This is not like a real folder, if you browse the device from a computer, files are not changing position.
You can create real folders using the same icon from Storage.
The device will scan all the file system and present you everything aggregated together in Library.
If you want to distinguish comics, or work, or some series, virtual shelves in library is the way to go.

I managed to create the virtual library folder you suggested however I don't see any way to add files to it.

i don't like kindle app on nova either.
I de-drmed the 4 or 5 kindle books i own with calibre and i use neoreader as default reading app for mobi as well.
Great advice I will try this.
rcaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #33
rcaban
rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
do a long press on whatever file icon.
A context menu will appear and the "open with" will list every installed app able to cope with that file.

Let's define folder.
From Library you can create "virtual shelves" with the icon close to the search one.
Long press --> move will move a book from the main library to the virtual shelf.
This is not like a real folder, if you browse the device from a computer, files are not changing position.
You can create real folders using the same icon from Storage.
The device will scan all the file system and present you everything aggregated together in Library.
If you want to distinguish comics, or work, or some series, virtual shelves in library is the way to go.

i don't like kindle app on nova either.
I de-drmed the 4 or 5 kindle books i own with calibre and i use neoreader as default reading app for mobi as well.

Thanks for the great advice but when I am in the Dropbox app on the Boox NP and long press that I, I don't see an OPEN WITH list. I tried to export the file in Dropbox and all looks fine until I select the folder on the NP but the file never downloads. It's almost like there should be a download button to end the task and I just don't see it.

I managed to create the virtual library folder you suggested however I don't see any way to add files to it.
rcaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #34
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaban View Post

long tap and then click on move

underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #35
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Under app optimization what does "Full Refresh 20" mean?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #36
tdmsu
Enthusiast
tdmsu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
Is there a way to get Moon reader night mode to use solid white letters?
When I switched to night mode, it just did a white outline around the black text - very hard to read.
I could not find a way to change it.
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #37
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
'Under app optimization what does "Full Refresh 20" mean?'

Every 20 page turns the device removes any ghosting (faint impressions of previous pages) by blinking full clear>black>clear on the screen.

If using normal/regal modes, there's not much ghosting anyway. If using the faster a2/speed/x modes you get more ghosting (but smoother animations/scrolling).
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #38
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
'Under app optimization what does "Full Refresh 20" mean?'

Every 20 page turns the device removes any ghosting (faint impressions of previous pages) by blinking full clear>black>clear on the screen.

If using normal/regal modes, there's not much ghosting anyway. If using the faster a2/speed/x modes you get more ghosting (but smoother animations/scrolling).
Oh ok thanks, will try it out.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:33 PM   #39
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
Tdmsu - Night mode on Nova 2 in Moon Reader

FYI- just figured out how to get readable white text in Moon reader + Pro on Boox Nova 2. In App Optimization for Moon Reader on Display tab, UNCHECK the "Whiten Apps Background" box. I also set the font color to white in Moon Reader in Dark Mode, as it is set to an off white...that helps too. I alsop set Global Contrast (light bulb icon at very top of screen) at 50% and got a good result. Good luck!
jeffdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:34 PM   #40
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
Nite Mode on Nova 2 in Moon Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmsu View Post
Is there a way to get Moon reader night mode to use solid white letters?
When I switched to night mode, it just did a white outline around the black text - very hard to read.
I could not find a way to change it.
FYI- just figured out how to get readable white text in Moon reader + Pro on Boox Nova 2. In App Optimization for Moon Reader on Display tab, UNCHECK the "Whiten Apps Background" box. I also set the font color to white in Moon Reader in Dark Mode, as it is set to an off white...that helps too. I alsop set Global Contrast (light bulb icon at very top of screen) at 50% and got a good result. Good luck!
jeffdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote