Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Boyue warranty service

My Likebook Plus stopped working short time ago. It gets stuck randomly during startup or shortly afterwards. I have warranty card on it which expires in a couple of months. Is there any chance I can get a warranty service from Boyue? I am situated in Israel.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Don't know about the warranty but that sounds more like the buggy old OS version so you should use this guide to get the new 2.0 FW and then see how it goes. It will wipe the device and you need to use a PC.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293799
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:03 AM   #3
ilyats
Connoisseur

I updated firmware to the latest 2.0 version months ago.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:39 PM   #4
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
I updated firmware to the latest 2.0 version months ago.
Just to be sure I would re-flash it again so it's fully fresh and if it still happens then it is hardware not software and you can try to get it repaired by them but contacting them as a whole is pretty iffy.
Malcolm
Old 05-28-2019, 08:09 AM   #5
ilyats
Connoisseur

I couldn't reflash it as it got stuck permanently. I discussed the matter with the seller (Hi mary ebook shop) and they suggested that I should send it to China and they would send me another product. I sent it today.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
rvcjew
Addict

Hope it all goes good for you sounds like the nand gave out. Keep us posted.
Malcolm
Old 06-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #7
ilyats
Connoisseur

They received my package, now they claim it doesn't work because of a crack in the screen and offer to replace screen for $125. Here is the image, I cannot insert it in the post for some reason. https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019...4f3fe-full.png

Last edited by ilyats; 06-11-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: replace image with link.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
rvcjew
Addict

Did you crack it or did it get damaged in shipping? That would still not prevent it to get reflashed though as that doesn't use the touch function. Do you have pictures of the device taken before you sent it to them to prove it was fine when it left?
Malcolm
Old 06-12-2019, 03:30 AM   #9
ilyats
Connoisseur

I don't remember it having a crack, maybe I have not noticed it. I have couple of photos made before sending, I don't see the crack on them, maybe they are not sharp enough. It could not be a touchscreen issue, as it is stuck on startup.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:07 AM   #10
rvcjew
Addict

I would send them all the photos you got as they should have date metadata to prove it wasn't damaged before.
Good luck.
Malcolm
Old 06-12-2019, 04:14 AM   #11
ilyats
Connoisseur

These are the photos I made by the Aliexpress app and sent to them before sending the device.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:30 PM   #12
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
They received my package, now they claim it doesn't work because of a crack in the screen and offer to replace screen for $125. Here is the image, I cannot insert it in the post for some reason. https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019...4f3fe-full.png

Ive had trouble getting in touch with Boyue in China to get my broken screen fixed. Can you please send me info how you reached them? So that I can get mine repaired.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #13
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
I would not deal with the Hi Marry Book store. They promised a replacement but they returned the same unit back with a broken screen - which they claimed was my fault. They made me pay for shipping also. They are scammers.
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:15 PM   #14
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
My Likebook Mars is also broken. The capacitive touch does not work. I tried doing a factory reset but I cant proceed past the wifi page as I can't accurately choose the options or use the keyboard.
I purchased my ereader on Amazon (Germany) via a 3rd party seller called Tenzero. However, the seller is no longer on Amazon. In the past, I sent several emails to Boyue Int. (the email on the box) and I got nothing back.
Is there an email address I can use? I have asked Amazon to help me, but I thought I would ask if there is another way of contacting Boyue Int.
Many thanks !!

Update: Amazon customer services gave me a full refund and I have sent the device back. Never buying an ereader from Buoyue International.

Last edited by Faeryink; 06-22-2019 at 04:42 AM.
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:10 PM   #15
ilyats
Connoisseur

I paid them $125, today I received the Likebook back. It works so far. No sight of a renewed warranty.