Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
Pdfreaderlover
Pdfreaderlover began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Sync files on the onyx boox max2?

I tried to set up autosync files from my computer to the onyx boox max 2. I tried two programs: SyncBackFree, and SyncToy. But neither of them even registered the max2.

Is there a way to auto mirror files from a folder on my computer to the onyx boox max2?
Pdfreaderlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdfreaderlover View Post
I tried to set up autosync files from my computer to the onyx boox max 2. I tried two programs: SyncBackFree, and SyncToy. But neither of them even registered the max2.

Is there a way to auto mirror files from a folder on my computer to the onyx boox max2?
I use SyncBackPro, and it works flawlessly. The Max2 usually registers with windows (I have Windows 7) as MTP device.
I even have SyncBackPro autostart a profile as soon as I connect the Max2.
I don't know if that is due to it being the "pro" version and not the free version - Edit - yes it is. See here: https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/compare.html

Alternatively, you can use Android apps to sync with the cloud. I use e.g. FolderSync to sync to Google Drive and my own FTP server. Foldersync also supports Dropbox and other cloud solutions and comes with scheduled automatic syncs, if you want.
On my phone, I use Autosync Dropbox to sync my Dropbox - also works like a charm.

Best,
Jan
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
Pdfreaderlover
Pdfreaderlover began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjee View Post
I use SyncBackPro, and it works flawlessly. The Max2 usually registers with windows (I have Windows 7) as MTP device.
I even have SyncBackPro autostart a profile as soon as I connect the Max2.
I don't know if that is due to it being the "pro" version and not the free version - Edit - yes it is. See here: https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/compare.html

Alternatively, you can use Android apps to sync with the cloud. I use e.g. FolderSync to sync to Google Drive and my own FTP server. Foldersync also supports Dropbox and other cloud solutions and comes with scheduled automatic syncs, if you want.
On my phone, I use Autosync Dropbox to sync my Dropbox - also works like a charm.

Best,
Jan

thanks for the advice!

I am considering buying syncbackpro: So how does it work with the max2? I would like there not to be any extra hassle. Will it sync via wifi, or do I need to connect it via USB ?

Abut the other option: autosync dropbox: Does that automatically cause the files to be registered in the onyx boox library? Because with my dropbox, it doesn’t.
Pdfreaderlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Hi,

I found synback's android app which in theory can initialize a sync via wifi not worth while, but to be honest, I didn't try in earnest because the USB works fine with me.
Syncback is one of the most detailed customizable synchronisation/backup software I have met.
In the Expert modification dialogue (see here:
)
there is the possibility to synchronize with a MTP connection and to automatically synchronize when connected (as shown above).
It works absolutely hasslefree for me. In fact, it's my prefered way of transfering documents and other stuff to the MAX2. I have some of the folders mirrored on my computer, and copy/delete files from those folders, then connect the MAX2, and just a little later, the MAX2 is synchronized - files transfered to/deleted from the Max2.

Best,
Jan
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #5
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdfreaderlover View Post

Try Foldersync:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oldersync.lite
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:26 PM   #6
smc88
smc88 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2 Pro
Hello, does the Foldersync option work?

I read and make highlights to a lot of academic papers. I store these in MEGA cloud app which syncs them across my devices. Am I correct in thinking that since MEGA is available on the Google Play store, I could download it on the Boox Max2 Pro, download FolderSync and point to the MEGA folder, open up a PDF from FolderSync using Neo Reader, make some highlights and scribbles, save them in the PDF, and then have them synced back through the cloud and see the changes on my other devices? Does the Boox Max 2 allow for overwriting the PDF file you're reading when you save it?
smc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:59 AM   #7
santob
santob began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjee View Post
Hi,

I found synback's android app which in theory can initialize a sync via wifi not worth while, but to be honest, I didn't try in earnest because the USB works fine with me.
Syncback is one of the most detailed customizable synchronisation/backup software I have met.
In the Expert modification dialogue (see here:
)
there is the possibility to synchronize with a MTP connection and to automatically synchronize when connected (as shown above).
It works absolutely hasslefree for me. In fact, it's my prefered way of transfering documents and other stuff to the MAX2. I have some of the folders mirrored on my computer, and copy/delete files from those folders, then connect the MAX2, and just a little later, the MAX2 is synchronized - files transfered to/deleted from the Max2.

Best,
Jan
Thanks and Great Tip as I already had SyncBack anyhow. My preference is to store all PDF's in a directory on my PC and have my Note sync to this folder for books and handwritten notes. Now I can work either way using this sync process!
santob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #8
EPW
EPW began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
I just installed SyncBack on my PC and am relieved I finally have a local backup of my files. The interface is intuitive once I figured it out, but it took about 30 minutes of fiddling before I could get it to backup whenever I plug in my Boox Max 3. The interface is different, but your snapshot surely helped. Thanks, Jayjee!
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote