Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Help with editing plugboard

With no programming experience I am attempting to edit the exiting AZW3 metadata plugboard by referencing the tutorial. Several attempts have failed and do not know enough about characters or if I need a prefex, suffix string, etc. I'm simply trying to insert a hyphen but it's all Greek to me.

The current Kindle AZW3 plugboard is as follows:

Series [Series #] - Title

Code:
{series:|| }{series_index:>2s|[|] - }{title}
I would like to change it to:

Title - Series [Series #]

How do I insert the hyphen in the template below so that books with no series will still display properly as Title only?

Code:
{title}{series:|| }{series_index:>2s|[|]}
Any assistance most appreciated.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Looking at the discussions in the topic https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=100949 about plugboards, after reading the 3rd comment in that thread I would suggest trying

Code:
{title}{series:| - | }{series_index:>2s|[|]}
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemk View Post
Looking at the discussions in the topic https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=100949 about plugboards, after reading the 3rd comment in that thread I would suggest trying

Code:
{title}{series:| - | }{series_index:>2s|[|]}
Brilliant! That did the trick. I have bookmarked the thread to add to the tutorial.

My sincerest thanks for your help!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Glad to help.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote