Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 11:49 PM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Publisher font option gone?

I have read several books since the Aa menu update (5.12.4?).

I have looked for the Publisher Font option in the menu but have not seen it since the fonts have all been jumbled together in a big list.

Has this option been killed off?

I think it is no longer available on books I own that used to have it, but I’m not sure if I’m misremembering.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:51 PM   #2
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Not that I ever used it! (Well, hardly ever.) It was usually far too faint. I’m just curious about it.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2020, 11:53 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I have read several books since the Aa menu update (5.12.4?).

I have looked for the Publisher Font option in the menu but have not seen it since the fonts have all been jumbled together in a big list.

Has this option been killed off?

I think it is no longer available on books I own that used to have it, but I’m not sure if I’m misremembering.
I don't think Kindles ever had a Publisher Font Option. (I may be wrong on this, but I don't remember it.)

EDIT: After researching a bit about it, I see that it's an option for publishers to put in a Publisher's Font in Kindles and that "most don't do it." Now I'm trying to find a book that has that option.

EDIT2: I found a couple books with that option. The ones I convert from ePubs with embedded Constantia (in Calibre) show that option. But most books I've bought from Amazon do not show a Publisher's Font option.

EDIT3: Just realized I used "option" about 400 times there. If I wasn't so lazy I would edit out the redundancy.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-24-2020 at 01:57 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:53 AM   #4
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have found and used it on one book since the new Aa menu came in. It's only ever been in a small number of my books and nearly always non-fiction.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I can also confirm that it's still there for me.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
marioho
marioho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW4)
It is still there, you just need to dig the Aa menu.

I'm under the impression though that I used to see it more often before Amazon rolled their Bookerly out. Maybe the publisher's font was enabled by default before? Or it was easier to notice with the previous UI? I don't recall.
marioho is offline   Reply With Quote