Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #271
trunglinh06
trunglinh06 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
hi david, i have kobo touch model n905b, it's brick, can you help me fix it
my email: trunglinh0691@gmail.com
Old 07-11-2019, 02:23 AM   #272
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@trunglinh06: I don't send emails to addresses posted in forums. You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Advert
Old 07-11-2019, 04:00 AM   #273
trunglinh06

Quote:
@trunglinh06: I don't send emails to addresses posted in forums. You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
i've ask a moderator, maybe wait a long time
i've a truble, my kobo touch couldn't start, i tear my kobo, then i see a sd card inside kobo, i push it on my computer, have a message format it, i think sd card error so i format it, i stupid. and now my kobo look like a brick, please show me how i can repair it
Old 07-11-2019, 04:55 AM   #274
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunglinh06 View Post
i've ask a moderator, maybe wait a long time
I suppose that depends on your definition of "a long time".
Old 07-11-2019, 05:25 AM   #275
trunglinh06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I suppose that depends on your definition of "a long time".
thanks so much
Advert
Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 AM   #276
trunglinh06

Quote:
hey david my kobo touch info:
FCC ID: NOIKBN9005B
IC: 8857A-KBN905B
show me how to fix my "kobo touch" detail
Old 07-11-2019, 07:30 AM   #277
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:43 AM   #278
krahman
krahman began at the beginning.

Quote:
PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Hi davidfor, can you send me the .img kobo glo,
I want to try to flash it, my kobo glo wont start just blinking blue and green after that nothing happened..., thx
Old 07-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #279
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:57 PM   #280
trunglinh06

Quote:
PM sent.
my kobo is a live, thanks so much
Old 07-15-2019, 06:32 AM   #281
King Ding3ling
King Ding3ling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
First of all my Kobo Glo has freezed on a page form a book i was reading.
Asking for a Original Kobo Glo image.

Thanks for the Original image that is received in my PM box

Downloaded the image from the given link
Put the image on the Original SD card with a diskwriter tool (BalenaEtcher Portable 1.5.51)
Extend the KOBOeReader partition 2 GB available space with the tool MiniTool Partition Wizard

Did a factory reset
- Hold down the light button
- Switch on the power switch (hold for a couple of seconds)
- Release the power switch
- Waiting for fast blinking led (Color light blue or White)
- Released the light button

So the light is fast flashing i think for almost 1 minute
Screen is still freezed on a page from the last read book
So nothing happend.

I tried the factory reset several times

I think i have a bricked Kobo Glo.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #282
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not sure if it is actually possible to "brick" the Glo and other devices with an internal SD card. If they aren't booting, then something else is going on.

The absolute simplest is that the battery is flat. Charge it. No matter what the state was when it was last working, you should assume it is now flat. Though, I think the power LEDs are flashing for to long for this to be the issue.

The next simplest is that you didn't put the card back in properly. Or unplugged the cable to the screen.

The next is that you didn't write the image properly. I'd suggest trying again, but not resizing the book partition. That can be done after the device is running again. And trying another card is a good idea. It might be a failing card that caused the original problem.

The last possibility is that the screen has been broken. You can usually see this as lines across the screen. But, sometimes they aren't obvious because of what is on the screen. Or it is at the edge and not visible. There are photos posted in the forum of what this looks like. And it more obvious if you look at the back of the screen.

One comment on your factory reset: The device has to be off. It probably was, but, when I have posted the instructions in the past, the first step is always to hold the power switch in the off position for 20 seconds to make sure it is off.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #283
King Ding3ling

Hey David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I know its switched off. Because my light switch isn't working. Sometimes i push the light button and the light goes on. Now it doesn't

I write the image on an other SD card. I even tried it with an other program (Win32DiskImager). Didn't resize it.

But it gives me the same result. Fast blinking led for several 10th of seconds and then its gone. Doesn't see any messages on the screen. So it shows me the same page from my last read book.

I think the screen is not broken.

Maybe it's something else?
Old 07-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #284
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ding3ling View Post
Hey David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I know its switched off. Because my light switch isn't working. Sometimes i push the light button and the light goes on. Now it doesn't

I write the image on an other SD card. I even tried it with an other program (Win32DiskImager). Didn't resize it.

But it gives me the same result. Fast blinking led for several 10th of seconds and then its gone. Doesn't see any messages on the screen. So it shows me the same page from my last read book.

I think the screen is not broken.

Maybe it's something else?
e-ink screens are different from everything else. Once the screen is updated, it stays that way until it is updated again. There is no power used to do this. Having a page displayed on the screen just means that nothing has been able to update it since.

A cracked backplane is usually fairly obvious, but, occasionally it isn't. Especially if it is near the edge of the screen. But, it is probably less easy to see on a text only screen.

The light working or not is not a great indicator. The light on my Glo failed after two years, so pressing the button doesn't show anything. And whether it does do anything depends on where the device is. It can be hung in such a way that the light won't turn on.

But, other than trying another card, and checking the screen cable is connected properly, I don't have any other suggestions.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #285
King Ding3ling

Hey David,

Thanks for helping me out.

Tried several times the factory reset. But no good results.
I know the Kobo is on because the light switch is working.
- I pushed the power button.
- The light goes out after 5 seconds but i hold the power button for at least 15 seconds
- I think its off
- I hold the light switch en push the power button on.
- Waiting for the fast blue/white led flashing
- Release the light switch
- Then the led is flashing for almost 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Then the led is on for 5 seconds and then goes out.

- I pushed the power button
- led is blinking green for 10 - 15 seconds and goes out.
- The light button is working i can set it on or off.

- Tried the USB cable. Start the Kobo application and connected the Kobo to the computer. Then i try to find the connect button on the screen. No sound that it is connected to my computer.

Maybe the screen is defect. I don't know anymore.
Closed Thread