Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-08-2020, 06:04 AM   #3166
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
On the latest version 2020.01, the menu items "Autosuspend timeout" and "Autoshutdown timeout" disappeared. Version for Kobo and for Kindle.
Make sure that you have both "autosuspend" and "autoshutdown" plugins enabled (see https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/4159). Also, if you're using a language other than english, make sure that both strings were not translated to something else.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:27 AM   #3167
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Included the "autosuspend" plugin and menu items appeared. Thanks!
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2020, 03:42 AM   #3168
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I mentioned this before: I'm again reading an epub with lots of footnote links on the right border on which I accidentally tap. This takes me to the footnote page, and very briefly (far too briefly) on the left margin the relevant footnote is indicated by a black square. Could this black square be visible longer, because I can never remember which footnote I tapped on. Using the latest stable version 2020.02
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #3169
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Neither the footnote popup nor the in-page footnotes are working out for you?

Document settings (document icon) → Style tweaks → Miscellaneous → In-page footnotes
Settings (gear icon) → Taps & gestures → Links → Show footnotes in popup

(I think one of those should probably be enabled by default; my personal preference goes to in-page footnotes.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #3170
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Thank you, Frenzie. I didn't understand the functioning of the "in-page footnotes" (I activate "in-page EPUB footnotes", right?)

but the second solution "show footnotes in popup" is fine for me
Advert
Old 02-25-2020, 02:28 AM   #3171
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It depends on footnotes being marked up in standard ways. If you share the book after pulling it through https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267998 we could try to examine why it doesn't work, although knowing why doesn't necessarily mean we can support it out of the box. (E.g., doing so might break other documents.)

I've attached a screenshot of in-page footnotes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-02-25_08-22-35.png
Views:	196
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	177350  
Old 02-25-2020, 06:05 AM   #3172
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It depends on footnotes being marked up in standard ways. If you share the book after pulling it through https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267998 we could try to examine why it doesn't work, although knowing why doesn't necessarily mean we can support it out of the box. (E.g., doing so might break other documents.)

I've attached a screenshot of in-page footnotes.
Hi. I am lost. What options should I enable and disable so that the notes are always at the bottom of the page as in your image?. Without pulse on links, as real books.
I have tried it several times but I don't get it. Thanks.

Last edited by Carmelocotonto; 02-25-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:43 AM   #3173
Frenzie
Wizard

That's in:

Document settings (document icon) → Style tweaks → Miscellaneous → In-page footnotes

Long-press to make them the default. All three for the best coverage.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #3174
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Quote:
That's in:

Long-press to make them the default. All three for the best coverage.
Thanks. Yes, I try (and tried) that, but footnotes are not automatically visibles: I must press on [72], for example, and I can see 72-footnote down in the page, but when I go to the next page and return, footnotes have disappeared. I ask here if there is some way for, when you arrive to a page, footnotes are down without press links (as a real book). It is not important, it is only one curiosity.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:33 AM   #3175
Frenzie
Wizard

Then there's something about the book in question that's incompatible with in-page footnotes. If you select the text around the footnote link and choose "view HTML" you can post a screenshot of it.

Like I said in the message you quoted, you can also share the book after https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267998 so it can be more easily investigated.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #3176
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Then there's something about the book in question that's incompatible with in-page footnotes. If you select the text around the footnote link and choose "view HTML" you can post a screenshot of it.

Like I said in the message you quoted, you can also share the book after https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267998 so it can be more easily investigated.
Well, I post two screenshots. I could upload more screenshots if you need them. Thanks for your interest

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	177391 Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	177392

I wil scramble the ebook at a moment. I will upload if I can scramble it, into this message.

Here is: Tiempo de magos_scrambled.epub

Last edited by Carmelocotonto; 02-27-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:13 AM   #3177
serdar0020
Zealot

I still prefer a cleaned up OCR'd pdf to epub. Here's another epub with diacritic characters inserted as images instead of unicode. The old KoReader and the FB-Reader made huge line and paragraph breaks before and after each image-character. KoReader 2020.03.2 avoids that but the characters, here "ā", are tiny. screenshots attached
Spoiler:

Old 03-21-2020, 06:26 AM   #3178
Frenzie
Wizard

While I almost always prefer to grab a DjVu/PDF scan from Archive.org/DBNL/Gallica/etc. instead of an EPUB because it has a certain je ne sais quoi, I don't think a bad EPUB makes for a very meaningful comparison.

Anyway, if you set the DPI to something more appropriate in the bottom menu (third from the left) it should probably be fine in this case.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:44 PM   #3179
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, that's a *terrible* way to handle unicode. It goes completely against the very nature of a reflowable format.

It's basically never really going to look good anywhere. You can fudge the DPI scaling like @Frenzie said, but, uggh.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:57 PM   #3180
mzel
Connoisseur
mzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have recently installed koreader on a Forma. When trying to lookup a word or reflow a page in a .pdf I get the error message "No OCR results or no language data..." I did install the tesseract data files, but see the same error. Is it possible that the document's language setting affects this? In Book Information Language is N/A. Can I override it somewhere?
mzel is offline   Reply With Quote