Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 11:16 AM   #841
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
David; are you sure Windows will mount the SD card directly? I thought that because if the multiple partitions Windows wouldn't mount the card.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #842
Glacies
Glacies began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I assume that means the USB port is damaged in some way.

The issue is the version of firmware and contacting the Kobo web servers. Last year Kobo had to remove older security protocols from their servers. These ar no longer considered to be secure. Unfortunately the factory firmware on the Glo HD is to old to support the current protocols. You need to use the Kobo desktop application to do the setup, or manually install the firmware. As you can't connect the device, you should be able to take the card out again, and copy the firmware update files directly to the card. You need to use at least a 3.19.x firmware. Download the file, unpack it and then copy the files and directory to the ".kobo" directory on books partition. Windows should mount this correctly, but will complain about the others.
Yes, unfortunately, USB port is not working anymore. I tried to install the latest update to the card but windows do not recognizes the card after the mounting the image and it wants me to format the card each time. i wish ther eis a way to copy those files into sd card.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:15 AM   #843
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacies View Post
Yes, unfortunately, USB port is not working anymore. I tried to install the latest update to the card but windows do not recognizes the card after the mounting the image and it wants me to format the card each time. i wish ther eis a way to copy those files into sd card.
Sorry, @PeterT has reminded me of the problems with this. I'm sure I have had Windows mount the book partition safely, but, complain about the other partitions. Just testing with Win10, and it mounts the root partition and complains about all of them.

If you have access to a MAC or Linux box, you would be able to mount the correct partition. Or you could boot Linux from a USB stick and access that. I've done this fairly recently. Building the USB stick is easy with the tools available on the web.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #844
Glacies
Glacies began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, @PeterT has reminded me of the problems with this. I'm sure I have had Windows mount the book partition safely, but complain about the other partitions. Just testing with Win10, and it mounts the root partition and complains about all of them.

If you have access to a MAC or Linux box, you would be able to mount the correct partition. Or you could boot Linux from a USB stick and access that. I've done this fairly recently. Building the USB stick is easy with the tools available on the web.
My MacBook does not have an sd card reader so i prepared a live linux usb stick, then placed update files accordingly. I transferred my books via calibre server.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. Now it works again.

Best
Old 05-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #845
Bnorth
Bnorth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Glo HD SD img

Hi all,

My Kobo HD glo recently became unstable and started crashing, and now seems to have bricked itself. I understand that I might be able to get it working again by getting a clone img of the original SD card. I tired cloning the card I already had, but while that briefly worked it seemed to be just as unstable ( which I suppose makes sense). If anyone here is able to pm a copy of that too me I'd really appreciate it. I also understand I might need to edit the IMG to change the serial number, is that right? Or is that an unnecessary step?

In the alternative, any other ideas about getting it running again would be appreciated. I've tried to reset it using a paperclip but the unit is entirely unresponsive.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:10 AM   #846
Bnorth

Hi all,

I recently had my kobo glo hd become unstable and then crash. I've tried hard resetting but the unit is entirely unresponsive. If someone could pm me a copy of the sd img for the kobo glo hd I'd really appreciate it.

Also I understand that I might need to modify the serial number in the img file to match my ereader? Is that accurate or is it an unnecessary step?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-B
Old 05-25-2020, 07:40 PM   #847
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

Setting the serial number isn't that important. It is used in a couple of situations, but, for most people it won't matter. If you have it, you can use a binary editor to update the image before writing it to the card. Look at offset 0x200. That has "SN-" followed by the serial number.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:30 AM   #848
Bnorth

Can't thank you enough. Worked like magic.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #849
Suti
Suti began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Hello Davidfor, sorry for my English.

I have the same problem as many here. I wanted to replay my new clara HD for a flight variometer with XCsoar. Now the SD card is not recognized anymore. not even from the PC. something went wrong.
I got myself a new "SanDisk 16GB" card. Now I would have to reload it. Unfortunately I'm not a genius when it comes to this...
Could you send me the necessary images?

Thanks in advance.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Old 05-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #850
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:58 AM   #851
Mocherex
Mocherex began at the beginning.

Hi davidfor, Would you be kind enough to provide me with an SD card image for a Kobo Glo HD ?

Regards!
Old 06-03-2020, 05:49 AM   #852
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #853
faraon
faraon began at the beginning.

SD image for Glo HD.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me find an SD image for Glo HD.
I have some problems, my screen is blank, it flickers and does not go beyond that and I would like to see if it is related to the software.
Thank you.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #854
faraon

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me find an SD image for Glo HD.
I have some problems, my screen is blank, it flickers and does not go beyond that and I would like to see if it is related to the software.
Thank you.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:34 PM   #855
faraon

Unhappy SD image for Glo HD.

Thank you.
Closed Thread