Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 02:25 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Auto-conversion when downloading from server?

Hi everyone.

I searched for the answer to this but couldn't find anything definitive. Please excuse me if it has already been answered.

Quick question. I have all the books in my calibre library in EPUB format. My son-in-law has a kindle and he asked me about a book in my library that he wants to read.

If he logs into the calibre server, and selects the book, he will only see that the epub format exists.

Is there any way that when he clicks on download, he can ask that a conversion be made from the EPUB format to MOBI before he downloads the book on his kindle? Can calibre be set up to do this automatically?

Thanks in advance.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No but he can convert it (assuming he has write privileges to the library) before downloading it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:56 AM   #3
kakkalla
Zealot

Got it, thank you! He would click on the "circular" arrows and go from there.

Thanks so much.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:24 AM   #4
kakkalla
Zealot

If I do grant write privileges, does that mean he can accidently delete books? I hope not.

I did a search trying to find out exactly what people can do to my library with write privileges but wasn't able to find out anything? Is there any documentation you can point me to?
Old 05-23-2020, 05:31 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
with write privileges, a person can do anything, including delete books, though there is obv a confirmation for that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote