Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 11:40 PM   #1
cmcconnochie
cmcconnochie began at the beginning.

Device: Apple
Calibre Companion and OneDrive Business

I successfully created a library on my personal OneDrive and read books from it on my iPad Pro.

By the way the reset cloud option does not work. I had to delete then reinstall CC on my iPad

I could create a library on my Business OneDrive however when I chose cloud option on CC and finally got the login screen (see note above) I entered my email login for business OneDrive craig@mathstudiolive.com and got a Microsoft message along the lines that this was not a valid login. (It is!) Hence cannot read the books in my library on Business OneDrive. Is this a bug or a limitation or it does work but I can't get it to work.

Finally another comment. I gifted Calibre plus paid for the CC. Not that happy about all the problems.

I was a software engineer, architect and project / program manager for 20 years in Australia and the US responsible for releasing commercial software. In my judgement CC is too unstable and buggy to charge for it. Gifting is fine.

That said I appreciate the effort and need your software and I am supporting you guys financially.

My CC runs on iPad Pro and iPhone X. My Calibre content server runs on both my iMac and iPad Pro. I have all the latest software installed.
cmcconnochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:02 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcconnochie View Post
My CC runs on iPad Pro and iPhone X. My Calibre content server runs on both my iMac and iPad Pro. I have all the latest software installed.
Out of curiosity, how did you install calibre on an iPad Pro in order to run calibre content server on it?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
cmcconnochie

I didn't install Calibre Content server on my iPad. CC stands for Calibre Companion which is installed on my iPad and connects to Calibre Content server running on my iMac
Old 03-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@cmcconnochie - are you OK with having your email addy in the first post, to me that's an open invitation to the spammers

BR.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:04 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Out of curiosity, how did you install calibre on an iPad Pro in order to run calibre content server on it?
Quote:
I didn't install Calibre Content server on my iPad. CC stands for Calibre Companion which is installed on my iPad and connects to Calibre Content server running on my iMac
I would differentiate between using a web browser on your iPad Pro to connect to a calibre content server instance running on your iMac and stating that "My Calibre content server runs on both my iMac and iPad Pro".

By your logic, I would be able to state that VMWare 6.7 and VSphere run on my iPad Pro since I can use it to connect to their web based management interfaces.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #6
KnnNike
KnnNike began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
I successfully created a library on my personal OneDrive and read books from it on my iPad Pro.

By the way the reset cloud option does not work. I had to delete then reinstall CC on my iPad

I could create a library on my Business OneDrive however when I chose cloud option on CC and finally got the login screen (see note above) I entered my email login for business OneDrive craig@mathstudiolive.com and got a Microsoft message along the lines that this was not a valid login. (It is!) Hence cannot read the books in my library on Business OneDrive. Is this a bug or a limitation or it does work but I can't get it to work.

Finally another comment. I gifted Calibre plus paid for the CC. Not that happy about all the problems.

I was a software engineer, architect and project / program manager for 20 years in Australia and the US responsible for releasing commercial software. In my judgement CC is too unstable and buggy to charge for it. Gifting is fine.

That said I appreciate the effort and need your software and I am supporting you guys financially.

OneDrive for Business doesn't actually use the same backend infrastructure as OneDrive Personal...normally it's some type of SharePoint system on the backend instead.

My guess is that CC just doesn't support OneDrive for Business
KnnNike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:47 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice
I'm moving this to the CC forum

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:37 PM   #8
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:

Hey,

Looking into this, haven't gotten any other reports of invalid username rejections.

Thanks for being patient with us as we work to stabilize the app to the standard you see fit.

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:22 AM   #9
ArcaN_RMX
ArcaN_RMX began at the beginning.

I have the same problem, but i have an Android Phone. It is not limited to CC since my brother uses CaliberBox and the same thing happens.
ArcaN_RMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaN_RMX View Post
I have the same problem, but i have an Android Phone. It is not limited to CC since my brother uses CaliberBox and the same thing happens.
So you are suggesting it's a bug with one drive business authentication, and not either of the android apps?
I use calibrebox with Dropbox and it works. Does that app even claim to support one drive business?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:13 AM   #11
DanielLauJJ
DanielLauJJ began at the beginning.

Device: Android mobile phone
Quote:

I have the same problem. CANNOT login to my OneDrive business account. (e.g. John7@abc.edu.sg
But can login to One Drive free personal account. e.g. John7@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220417-134702_Calibre Companion.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	193277  
DanielLauJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:51 PM   #12
cmcconnochie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I installed a product called Caibre Companion (CC) on my iPad, not thr Calibre Product which can only be installed on the iMac
Old 04-25-2022, 03:41 AM   #13
bazookajoe
Connoisseur
bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.

Device: Onyx Leaf, excessive amount of Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielLauJJ View Post
I have the same problem. CANNOT login to my OneDrive business account. (e.g. John7@abc.edu.sg
But can login to One Drive free personal account. e.g. John7@gmail.com
Calibre Companion is abandon-ware. I don't know if there's going to be a fix for you.

You could look into Calibre Sync. It's a paid app, but it's in active development at least. If Business doesn't work via standard OneDrive authentication as appears might be the case in several apps, I wonder if you can instead use WebDav to get around this? Calibre Sync has a WebDav connection option and maybe ODB can connect w/WebDav? I had a quick look and at least some apps that seems to be the case it accepts a sharepoint link then username and password. Maybe look into that on the web about using WebDav w/ODB as a general concept I don't really know much about it other than to join the dots in my head. Perhaps contact the dev of Calibre Sync they're still active and responsive maybe they'll be able to clarify before you buy. I'd test for you if I could but I don't have OD Business I just use regular OD.

It's on both Android and Apple store.

I think their direct help email is: calibre.sync.help@gmail.com

Or, you could make a post on this thread on MobileRead for Calibre Sync it's still active: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...t=calibre+sync
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:49 AM   #14
bazookajoe
Connoisseur
bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.

I just saw this which could be totally irrelevant as it's for another app but might hold true for WebDav connection errors if you try Calibre Sync and you get one you could just try put your Sharepoint link in on its own and see if it redirects you to login via your business domain:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ODB.png
Views:	156
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	193455  
Old 04-25-2022, 04:05 AM   #15
bazookajoe
Connoisseur

Actually, you might not need WebDav - have you tried the "Sign-in options" option with the key next to it like in your picture? That redirects to other ways to sign in, namely GitHub or "Sign in to an organisation" which might help with OneDrive Business. Could try on both Calibre Companion and Calibre Sync.