Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 04-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Problems with Sunrise Clipping from Browser

I've lately been trying to use the browser extensions feature (on two different computers no less, an XP and a Vista) and I get the following error message:

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Sunrise XP\sunrisexp.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for additional information.
Any ideas?

I don't want to delete the program and reinstall as I no longer have administrative rights on one machine, and I might not have the ability to put it back on...
Old 04-03-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
doogie, maybe you should try to contact Laurens directly. From what I remember he said in the past that he was not actively supporting Sunrise anymore.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
gooli
gooli is on a distinguished road

Device: Tungsten T3 / Pluker
I've encountered the same issue and I think I've figured it out. This happens when you clip a page whose title contains an apostrophe. For some reason, the apostrophe is converted to ASCII 25 which, when saved to an XML file makes it unparsable. The solution is simple - go to the C:\Documents and Settings\YourUser\Local Settings\Application Data\Sunrise XP directory and delete the clip.sxl file. You'll loose your default settings, but at least Sunrise will be working again.

I'll see if I can fix it and maybe convince the powers-that-be to release a version with that fix.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
gooli
gooli is on a distinguished road

Device: Tungsten T3 / Pluker
Woops.. Didn't know Sunrise wasn't open source. I guess I can't fix it ...
Old 06-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooli View Post
I've encountered the same issue and I think I've figured it out. This happens when you clip a page whose title contains an apostrophe. For some reason, the apostrophe is converted to ASCII 25 which, when saved to an XML file makes it unparsable. The solution is simple - go to the C:\Documents and Settings\YourUser\Local Settings\Application Data\Sunrise XP directory and delete the clip.sxl file. You'll loose your default settings, but at least Sunrise will be working again.

I'll see if I can fix it and maybe convince the powers-that-be to release a version with that fix.
gooli, you solved the problem! Thanks SO much! I'm not sure how this got corrupted on multiple machines, must be a coincidence...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:48 AM   #6
babeser
babeser began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring Prism
Hats off to gooli!
This exact same thing had been bugging me for many months now (and countless reinstall attempts) - THANK YOU!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
burningrome
burningrome began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa aawww! Nice work - that bug in SXP has been pissing me off for over a year! Just an apostrophe! Crazy.

thanks again gooli!