Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Question about searching

Is it possible to search for books that have either/and tags instead of all/none?

I am tired of having to exclude huge amounts of tags to get books that have either/or/both. Is there a way around this? I've had to use a yes/no column to mark the books.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:29 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Is it possible to search for books that have either/and tags instead of all/none?

I am tired of having to exclude huge amounts of tags to get books that have either/or/both. Is there a way around this? I've had to use a yes/no column to mark the books.
calibre supports both "and" and "or" in searching.

When using the tag browser to construct searches you can tell calibre which to use by clicking on the tools icon (bottom left of the tag browser), choosing "Search type ..." and then selecting the one you want.

When typing the search manually simply use "and" or "or" where you want. You might want to consider using parentheses if you are mixing the two so that calibre knows what you mean. Example: what does
Code:
foo or bar and mumble
mean? Is it
Code:
(foo or bar) and mumble
or
Code:
foo or (bar and mumble)
IIRC by default calibre processes "and" before "or", making the default
Code:
foo or (bar and mumble)
To be complete and again IIRC, "not" is processed before "and".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:31 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post

Complex searches can be done: (this is my Not Read (on device) ). Year 2000 is my Abandoned flag

Code:
Not #finished:>12/31/2000 and formats:true and not formats:other
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #4
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks for your help, it works great!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote