Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #1
TestCase
TestCase began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Set user limitations for Calibre Server

Hi,

I'm trying to disable write/delete access for a user but I am failing. The following sequence is partly in Dutch but I assume that's no obstacle. 'BoekServer' is the username.

BoekServer has read-write access
1) Show password for BoekServer
2) Wijzig paswoord voor: BoekServer
3) Change read/write permission for BoekServer
4) Change the libraries BoekServer is allowed to access
5) Annuleren

Wat wil je doen? [1-5]: 3

Prevent BoekServer from making changes (i.e. remove write access)? [y/n]: y

BoekServer has read-write access
1) Show password for BoekServer
2) Wijzig paswoord voor: BoekServer
3) Change read/write permission for BoekServer
4) Change the libraries BoekServer is allowed to access
5) Annuleren

As can be seen the user still has read-write access.

Thanks & regards,
Kees.
TestCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
strange, what version of calibre/operating system is this?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2019, 03:50 AM   #3
TestCase

It's 3.44 (x64) on Windows Server 2008.

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:18 AM   #4
TestCase

Just tried 3.45.2 but same issue.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:21 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you run the calibre GUI, you can do it from there and just copy over the users.db file to the actual server.
Advert
Old 07-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #6
TestCase

Created a userdb.sqlite using the GUI (3.45.2) with the correct user. Cleared the write flag!
Copied it to C:\srv\Calibre and renamed to users.sqlite as it seems to have a different name in there?
Checked it using the CLI but it showed incorrect. (Didn't modify anything)
Started Calibe Server and checked the user which still has write access.

Alas
Old 07-15-2019, 09:59 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Are you sure you are using the right db from the command line? Use the --userdb command line argument to tell the server which db to use.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #8
TestCase

Indeed, it seemed I was using the wrong database in the last step. I copied the userdb (userdb.sqlite) from the Program Files\Calibre2 directory which seems to be an old database which is not modified by the current GUI?

When using the GUI everything is ok now for the time being.
The remaining issue now is I cannot use the CLI to start Calibre Server as I cannot locate the correct userdb which is being updated/used by the GUI. Where do you 'hide' this userdb?

(This is beside the fact that the CLI is still failing when modifyjng the userdb)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The file in the program directory is never modified. Programs should never modify their own files. Customized versions are stored int he calibre config directory, which you can find vi Preferences->Miscellaneous I dont recally if it i in a sub-directory, do asearch to find it.