Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #76
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Guys, pehkay had already posted the answer above. This has been known for many months that non-updated apps would go dead in terms of Dropbox interaction by September 28th. The same thing has just happened to my Dropbox-based voice recorder app on Android, so I had to find a different voice recorder app on Thursday, because the developer just stopped developing the original voice-recorder app. Fortunately, Dropbox isn't really essential for Marvin – you can always load books from Dropbox to Marvin "the other way around" (by launching the Dropbox app and opening books from there in Marvin).

By the way, in a similar vein, the Google Drive cloud-picker in Marvin stopped working for me a year ago or so, so I also need to go "the other way round" via the Drive app when I wish to open a book in Marvin.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #77
ljrkrispes
Enthusiast
ljrkrispes began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1
Faterson, I am a moron and do not understand about the "other way around" . I use Dropbox to move my books from Calibre on my computer to Marvin on my iPad. How can I still do that with the error 400 message?
ljrkrispes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #78
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Open dropbox app

Click on book

Select open with marvin
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:22 AM   #79
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Thanks for these insights. If there's any updates on such matters please do share.

I was down with some domestic & health issues so all these things had to take a back seat.

Is Marvin still the best in terms of eBook Highlighting & Reading?

PS: Is there any match or near equivalent in the Android/ Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet world as an alternative (if/ when one gets both iOS iPad & Kindle 8)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Why not? Remember Stanza? And remember the long quiet period at the end of Marvin 2? I agree that Marvin is still the best iOS reader, but nevertheless I am permanently checking alternatives.
Loving Marvin does not mean we cannot look for or keep abreast of LESSER or upcoming alternatives as a Backup.. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
I also think it proper to discuss this somewhere else. You might want to take a look at this thread.
Will post there too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
It also happens to me frequently. I have a pretty good idea what may be causing this: in closing the book upon finishing your reading (for now), or simply in closing Marvin or switching to a different app, we are likely inadvertently touching the screen which then flips the text one "page" backward, although we no longer notice the page flip as we leave the book/app; the page flip occurs a split-second later. We only notice the page flip when we reopen the book the next time.

I believe this is the cause because Marvin also often flips pages for me – when it shouldn't – when I make highlights, or when I simply tap a word towards one of the edges of the screen (right, left, top, or bottom) to look up its definition, etc.

Other than this concern, I'm posting my reaction to the last few pages of this thread as a separate post, titled The Status of Marvin:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289926

You know, Marvin's development has – once again – slowed down to such a crawl I now only find it necessary to visit MobileRead (or this subsection of it) twice a year or so. And so, see you all later in 2018, I guess. Happy Christmas!
I was gone for an entire 1.5 + years ..yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Guys, pehkay had already posted the answer above. This has been known for many months that non-updated apps would go dead in terms of Dropbox interaction by September 28th. The same thing has just happened to my Dropbox-based voice recorder app on Android, so I had to find a different voice recorder app on Thursday, because the developer just stopped developing the original voice-recorder app. Fortunately, Dropbox isn't really essential for Marvin – you can always load books from Dropbox to Marvin "the other way around" (by launching the Dropbox app and opening books from there in Marvin).

By the way, in a similar vein, the Google Drive cloud-picker in Marvin stopped working for me a year ago or so, so I also need to go "the other way round" via the Drive app when I wish to open a book in Marvin.
Happy New Year Miss you all

Last edited by crashnburn; 01-08-2019 at 04:41 AM.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote