Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #166
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
That depends on your technical skills. If your MS Excel spreadsheet contains only two columns you could save it as a tab-delimited text file and process it with tab2opf.py.
If you're familiar with regular expressions, you could also convert the tab-delimited text file directly using a couple of regular expressions.
I have a computer skills so I will try to do my best.

Thanks.
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #167
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
That depends on your technical skills. If your MS Excel spreadsheet contains only two columns you could save it as a tab-delimited text file and process it with tab2opf.py.
If you're familiar with regular expressions, you could also convert the tab-delimited text file directly using a couple of regular expressions.
Do you know any script(python, etc.) for converting huge html files to other formats?
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #168
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teom@n View Post
Do you know any script(python, etc.) for converting huge html files to other formats?
I usually use the Python bs4 library for HTML parsing.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #169
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok, I will try it. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #170
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
hi,

could you share the script/commands that you were using for converting html to text? I have a html file(124mb) which I took it from a mobi file. I installed the python and beautifulsoap.

could you guide me?

thanks
Advert
Old 01-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #171
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teom@n View Post
could you share the script/commands that you were using for converting html to text? I have a html file(124mb) which I took it from a mobi file. I installed the python and beautifulsoap.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with that, because scripts and commands will vary depending on the exact input and output formats. However, BS4 is well documented. For example:

Code:
soup.get_text()
will strip all tags from an HTML file.

If you're not a Python programmer, you could also use a text editor with regular expressions support, e.g. Notepad++, to remove unwanted tags or convert them to a different format.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:51 AM   #172
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
Unfortunately, I can't help you with that, because scripts and commands will vary depending on the exact input and output formats. However, BS4 is well documented. For example:

Code:
soup.get_text()
will strip all tags from an HTML file.

If you're not a Python programmer, you could also use a text editor with regular expressions support, e.g. Notepad++, to remove unwanted tags or convert them to a different format.
Thanks mate.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #173
sayonaroo
sayonaroo began at the beginning.

Device: likebook plus
Could someone make one for me? I cannot figure out how to use python

I wanted to make a kindle dictionary out of the korean-Japanese naver dictionary

http://download.huzheng.org/babylon/japanese/

It says

You can convert any babylon .bgl file to StarDict format by the PyGlossary tool, just visit: http://pyglossary.sourceforge.net
sayonaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:05 PM   #174
Phionz Paranto
Phionz Paranto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Smile Please the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
why don't you try one to see.

BTW: attached an Indonesian – English dict with ~22300 words (stardict-quick)
I have downloaded and tried this dictionary to see if it works well. I found that this dictionary is very simple and basic for Indonesian-English. Do you have the most updated one? It's 2019 now. Thank you very much.

Phionz Paranto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #175
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phionz Paranto View Post
I have downloaded and tried this dictionary to see if it works well. I found that this dictionary is very simple and basic for Indonesian-English. Do you have the most updated one? It's 2019 now. Thank you very much.
The last time thomass visited Mobileread was a year ago. And yes, it's been 8 years since that dictionary was posted. The advice on how to create your own dictionary is still valid so you may want to apply it. Or if your time is worth more, you might purchase an Indonesian/English dictionary from Amazon. Check Kindle Default Dictionaries Indonesian for example.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-17-2019 at 11:18 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:48 PM   #176
markvdvelde
Connoisseur
markvdvelde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Croatian to English

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
English-Croatian dict:
This is a nice dictionary, but do you have it the other way around, from Croatian to English? When ever I search for Croatian-English dictionaries, I end up trying lots unknown and complicated (at least for me) software that has to run with commands etc. This is the first EN-HR dictionary that works out of the box. I would very happy with HR-EN too.
markvdvelde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools