Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #1726
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@Chilipops

If I "left" click on the "EPUB download button" it downloads the file, ready to be opened with an epub reader. So it works (for me).

Firefox 67.0.4 64 bit windows 10.

However if I "left" click on the "open file button" I download fetch.php. And that's not what I want.

With Microsoft Edge I cannot even open any cops site (no https?) Needed to go through WAN to reach my LAN (that has Let's Encrypt)-> Idiots!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #1727
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I just installed R2 Reader on my Android tablet. While it can access my COPS install and see the various categories it offers, when I view a book it does not offer the Download option (which does appear if I view any of the default OPDS feeds).

Suggestions?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 AM   #1728
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@PeterT

Thank you for making me aware of R2 Reader (for iOS )!

Using it I can confirm your problem.

If the calibre library is outside of the COPS path (for me: /var/www/html/cops/ ) R2 Reader does not show the download button.

Adding $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = '1'; to config.local.php fixed the problem for me.

Let us know if this will fix your problem as well.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:27 AM   #1729
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will try that tonight!

Old 07-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #1730
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Will try that tonight!

Limited success. I got the download button showing up but the download fails. Looking at the supplied nginx setup I think I need to tweak the rewrite rules. When I feel up to it I will experiment

Advert
Old 07-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #1731
mariosipad
Guru

@PeterT

I use Apache not NGINX so I have no clue how to fix the rewrite rules (in Apache in var/www/html/cops/.htaccess).

But .... you do not need $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = '1'; if you put your calibre library just below the root of cops (in: /var/www/html/cops/calibre-library ) like this in config_local.php:
$config['calibre_directory'] = './calibre-library/';

A full path won't work.

This either real (put the file in the library in that directory) or through a symlink.

Ok, this is not the recommended way to do it, but if you do not expose cops to the WAN it should pose no real security risk.

Hope this helps until you can tweak the rewrite rules.

Last edited by mariosipad; 07-10-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:47 PM   #1732
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately I'm using a docker image on a QNAP and an not a docker expert

To avoid complications I have the calibre library not on the same file system as COPS so yes... I do need the rewrite.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #1733
mariosipad
Guru

Maybe you've found it, but if not, take a look at this link:

https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wik...ting-with-COPS
Old 08-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #1734
micster
Enthusiast
micster began at the beginning.

Device: none
URL Rewriting

Is it possible to rewrite the permalink URLs?

For example in the demo library we have Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. The URL for the details page on this book looks like:
http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php?page=13&id=17&db=0

Can we make it look like this instead:
http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/books/Lewis_Carroll/Alices_Adventures_in_Wonderland.php
micster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #1735
mariosipad
Guru

Can you explain why you want to do that?
Old 08-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #1736
micster
Enthusiast
micster began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just so the library looks nicer when I am browsing my collection. Thought it might be a feature that is already there that I didn't know about.

Tried playing around with mod_rewrite but it looks like it is going to take more custom coding changes.
micster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #1737
laxarus
laxarus began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I've been using the synocommunity package of COPS on my synology. Now, I am trying to update this as the last version of synocommunity is 1.0.1. How can I update this? Is there a guide somewhere?
laxarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:35 AM   #1738
mariosipad
Guru

Do you want to or need to update?

If you do not need to update because of a problem or missing feature, don't. Just enjoy cops as is.

If you need to update or just really want to you have two options:
1 - use a docker container on synology. (I never tried it. My synology is to old.) https://github.com/seblucas/cops/releases

2 - copy a released version of cops into your ./web/cops directory of your synology and copy your old config_local.php file into it. Maybe some fiddling with the settings and it will work (did for me).
https://github.com/seblucas/cops/releases
Old 10-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #1739
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question COPS Mailer Error

Hola!

Been going great for a long time running COPS on my QNAP. But out of the blue, with no (known!) changes made, I am getting an error when using the mailer feature in COPS:

Code:
Message could not be sent.Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
All other COPS functions appear to work normally, ie can download ok, search, navigate, etc.

I looked at the info at the github link and it indicated this error was usually the problem with the DNS setup. Not sure what/where that problem may be. I had been using gmail as my smtp mail server, then switched to hotmail after reading the github info, but still the same error message.

The firmware in the QNAP did get updated, but don't have any clue why that should impact the smtp and/or dns settings related to COPS.

I was using COPS 1.1.2 when this started, tried 1.1.3 using the old config_local.php file as is, but still get the error. Have reverted back to 1.1.2 just because I know it was working.

Anyone else see this error? Any ideas out there?
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #1740
mariosipad
Guru

Hi,

I hardly ever use this feature, but this was a good occasion to test is again.

I can confirm the error.

This is not a COPS or PHPMailer error but a (good) gmail feature.

Gmail blocks access from non-secure sources like PHPMailer used in COPS, probably because the used version or the implementation in COPS is outdated .

To fix this you have to set gmail to accept less-secure access in the gmail settings. (log-in to your gmail account where you probably will find some warning e-mails from google. Then google how to fix it ).

I hope this helps you. I have it working again.

The question remains: "should you ignore google/gmail safety warnings?".
My answer:
A - NOT if it is your main gmail account!
B - who cares if it's a dedicated COPS mailing account (and you clean it up regularly = delete sent an incoming mail so if your account is hacked no email addresses can be harvested.)

Last edited by mariosipad; 10-07-2019 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo's

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology