Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #31
ainent
ainent began at the beginning.

Device: paper books, iPad, iPhone
Update: I have started implementing Dropbox support. Currently no ETA on release, but stay tuned!

Out of curiosity, is there any interest in being able to connect OneDrive, Box, Google Drive, or any other cloud storage providers?
ainent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #32
ralfpeter
ralfpeter began at the beginning.

Device: none
I read that Google Drive is not 100% compatible with calibre. I actually created a dropbox account just for that reason, and maintain my library there. I use the CalibreBox app, which is great, but it only works on android. Would be great if you could could support dropbox in a similar fashion. Read only would cover 90% of the use cases, IMO. Thanks!
ralfpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #33
ralfpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfpeter View Post
I read that Google Drive is not 100% compatible with calibre. I actually created a dropbox account just for that reason, and maintain my library there. I use the CalibreBox app, which is great, but it only works on android. Would be great if you could could support dropbox in a similar fashion. Read only would cover 90% of the use cases, IMO. Thanks!
PS: main reason would be that it is too much hassle to keep content server running. Maybe this could be a paid feature (say the free version only loads 50 books or something like that).
Old 05-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #34
ainent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfpeter View Post
PS: main reason would be that it is too much hassle to keep content server running. Maybe this could be a paid feature (say the free version only loads 50 books or something like that).
Yep, that is a very good point. I have had several people request Dropbox access, so I reprioritized it to do now instead of later.

On that same note, Dropbox support is at a point where it's ready for beta testing! There are some caveats to this build, which will be in the TestFlight notes. I do have to wait on Apple to approve it, but that usually only takes a day or two.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/c3P0zLb6

Edit: Adding link for anonymous TestFlight signup

Last edited by ainent; 05-25-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:30 PM   #35
LucasGautam
LucasGautam began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I would love to have Google Drive support as Google gives 15GB of free space. My Calibre books are stored in it.

Thank you for this great product. I just bought it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainent View Post
Yep, that is a very good point. I have had several people request Dropbox access, so I reprioritized it to do now instead of later.

On that same note, Dropbox support is at a point where it's ready for beta testing! There are some caveats to this build, which will be in the TestFlight notes. I do have to wait on Apple to approve it, but that usually only takes a day or two.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/c3P0zLb6

Edit: Adding link for anonymous TestFlight signup
LucasGautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:44 PM   #36
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Quote:
Out of curiosity, is there any interest in being able to connect OneDrive, Box, Google Drive, or any other cloud storage providers?
Very interested in OneDrive connection. Thank you
djrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #37
ainent

Update: Libreca with Dropbox support is pending App Store approval by Apple, and Dropbox API approval!

I hope to have this available in the App Store this coming week.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:35 AM   #38
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Update: Libreca with Dropbox support is pending App Store approval by Apple, and Dropbox API approval!

I hope to have this available in the App Store this coming week.
Awesome news! I'll be on the lookout
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #39
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Have some questions on Libreca.

1) Can you select multiple books to download?
2) Can you sort by tag or series (for downloaded books)?
3) Can you display books only for a given tag?
4) Can you sort by author or series with a given tag?

Apologies for all the questions but Libreca is an excellent replacement for the disaster that CC has become on iOS, but it would be killer (for me) with the above functionality. Thanks.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #40
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Nothing? No response? I have to say that right now Libreca is barely better than the current state of CC. You've answered none of my questions or provided a user guide - can I send files from Calibre to the app? Don't know. Can I retrieve multiple books at a time? Don't know. I'm being curt because this is a paid app (if you want to download!!).

With the state of CC and the limitations of Libreca, going to have to stay on Android and hope that CC doesn't get screwed on that also.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:55 PM   #41
ainent

Hello, sorry for the delay. This is a one man project, and life happens...

Libreca doesn’t have support for the things that you asked about above. It’s meant to be simple, and therefore a user guide would be overkill — if you don’t see anything obvious in the app, then it’s not there. No complex menus. There is an FAQ section for common issues though, which is linked to from the app.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:05 AM   #42
ralfpeter

Filter for custom columns

Hi, thanks for your effort with this app. Can you please consider to offer the ability to filter for custom columns. I created a true/false column if I read the book. Filtering out books I already read would be a big help.
thanks.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:05 PM   #43
mathuin
mathuin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSP
Yet another feature request: bulk downloads.

I have 600 books in my library, 350 of which I like to keep on my mobile reading devices. It would be SWEET to be able to scroll down the list of books in the library and tag the ones I want to download, then let the download proceed. Right now it seems ... a little rough in those areas, but I have my fingers crossed!
mathuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:55 AM   #44
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Hello, sorry for the delay. This is a one man project, and life happens...
hey, don't sweat it - CC has a "whole development team" and they are delivering nada.
and CC is broken as hell
the whole IOS market space is there for the taking
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:57 AM   #45
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
Quote:
Update: I have started implementing Dropbox support. Currently no ETA on release, but stay tuned!

I would love to se Onedrive support
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote