Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
FBReader adds extra spaces for EPUB Book

I am reading a book which works fine as an EBUB(Since it's native EPUB) , opening the file fbreader gives it lots of extra space between each words(2-3) , I have tried every setting I can wrap my head around but I get no results.

Any ideas ?

Last edited by pakiyabhai; 05-19-2010 at 09:54 AM.
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:35 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
I am reading a book which works fine as an EBUB(Since it's native EPUB) , opening the file fbreader gives it lots of extra space between each words(2-3) , I have tried every setting I can wrap my head around but I get no results.

Any ideas ?
I'd like to help but your description is too vague. Please try to detail your problem a tad.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Could you post a screen-capture? Even a note (which is a screen-capture, after all- the file is under note/nameofthenotebook.files directory in bmp format) would work, I believe.
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
pakiyabhai
Zealot

hello guys ,

sorry for the delay , i shall send the screenshots tonight.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Quote:
hello guys ,

sorry for the delay , i shall send the screenshots tonight.
No problem
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Ok this took a lot longer, I converted the file from epub to fbreader format , and this is what it shows, each word has an extra space between them I feel , how can I fix it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00013-20100508-1414.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	51815  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok this took a lot longer, I converted the file from epub to fbreader format , and this is what it shows, each word has an extra space between them I feel , how can I fix it ?
There is no fbreader format
Old 05-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There is no fbreader format
fb2?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
looks like the book was set up as fully justified vs left justified.

This would spread the text across the screen so that there are square margins on both sides.

Not being THAT familar with fbreader ( even tho i use it as default on the 360 rofl ), maybe check to see if there is a option you could change in the fbreader configuration screen?

Press the center button and go to configure to check it out.

And / Or ... if this is a non drm book ( no copy protection ), try editing the book and change the alignment to left justified and see if that fixes the problem.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:23 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post

This would spread the text across the screen so that there are square margins on both sides.

Not being THAT familar with fbreader ( even tho i use it as default on the 360 rofl ), maybe check to see if there is a option you could change in the fbreader configuration screen?

And / Or ... if this is a non drm book ( no copy protection ), try editing the book and change the alignment to left justified and see if that fixes the problem.
Normally fbreader autohyphenates texts, so this shouldn't be happening.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:39 AM   #11
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post

I checked the configuration screen and there was no option to align to left justify , this alignment I open the book in calibre and do it ? The book is nondrm
Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Make a copy of your book.epub file into book.zip
Unzip book.zip into a new empty directory.
Go into the directory, and edit stylesheet.css (if it were made with Calibre). It might have a different name.

Look for the word "justify", and replace it with left.
zip the directory up again.
rename the new zip file to epub.

Under mac or ubuntu, here are the commands:

> cp book.epub book.zip
> mkdir tmp
> cd tmp
> unzip ../book.zip
> sed "s/justify/left" < stylesheet.css > new.css
> mv new.css stylesheet.css
> zip ../newbook.zip *
> cd ..
> mv newbook.zip newbook.epub

Last edited by Pranananda; 05-27-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote