Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #76
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
I hope they sort the upgrade out soon...

But I don't like being kept so much in the dark. We really are in a world of simple communication and where Bookeen could make us feel like a special group just by keeping us more informed. What would be so wrong in them saying to us "We have had unexpected problems with ... Be assured we are working on the problem and we hope to get it sorted within a month"? If they could not then update us again. Why be so shallow and cowardly and tight lipped about the issues?
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #77
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbbb View Post
I hope they sort the upgrade out soon...

But I don't like being kept so much in the dark. We really are in a world of simple communication and where Bookeen could make us feel like a special group just by keeping us more informed. What would be so wrong in them saying to us "We have had unexpected problems with ... Be assured we are working on the problem and we hope to get it sorted within a month"? If they could not then update us again. Why be so shallow and cowardly and tight lipped about the issues?
I can only conclude that Bookeen does not care about their customers (actually their behavior seems to indicate a blatant disregard for existing customers). They have our money and they've moved on to what they believe are greener pastures. I think we'll all be ice skating in h$LL before we'll ever see a firmware update.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #78
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
I can only conclude that Bookeen does not care about their customers (actually their behavior seems to indicate a blatant disregard for existing customers). They have our money and they've moved on to what they believe are greener pastures. I think we'll all be ice skating in h$LL before we'll ever see a firmware update.
And to make things much worse they give selected people folder support.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #79
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Not much help to me, my gen3 is gathering dust for the lack of ePub. And folder support on gen3 lack an accesible "back" button.

I don't think they expected the release to take that long...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #80
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And to make things much worse they give selected people folder support.
It turns out that's a little unfair. I finally found that my recent Gen3, delivered by eXpansys at the end of July, has "Folder View"

I had just never looked on that menu. It is different from the menu-whilst-reading, and only shows if you press the menu button on the left side when in Library View. Of course the new menu selection isn't described anywhere. I got the clue from the post about the Weltbild firmware. I am quite sure, however, that my Gen3 can't read Adobe DRM, but can read Mobi DRM. It's Version 1.4 (build 923).

So the selection of the recipients of Folder View isn't really down to 'local people' but to 'recent purchases', and that clue to the mysterious nefarious Bookeen customer relations is already well known.

Richard

Last edited by rireed3; 11-24-2009 at 09:40 AM.
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #81
KernelPanic
KernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX
On January 18 the screen of my Cybook Gen3 broke. Only the bottom part of the screen worked correctly. The upper half showed black and white lines. I contacted Bookeen on the same day by e-Mail. The responded within two hours and requested a picture of the device. After inspecting the picture Bookeen sent me their RMA procedure. They fixed my Cybook w/out charging me anything. I received my repaired Cybook on February 1 by FedEx.
Communication with Bookeen was excellent throughout the repair process. I have no reason to complain whatsoever.

Last edited by KernelPanic; 02-03-2010 at 01:12 PM.
KernelPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #82
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelPanic View Post
On January 18 the screen of my Cybook Gen3 broke. Only the bottom part of the screen worked correctly. The upper half showed black and white lines. I contacted Bookeen on the same day by e-Mail. The responded within two hours and requested a picture of the device. After inspecting the picture Bookeen sent me their RMA procedure. They fixed my Cybook w/out charging me anything. I received my repaired Cybook on February 1 by FedEx.
Communication with Bookeen was excellent throughout the repair process. I have no reason to complain whatsorever.

....Brilliant.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, cybook opus, support