Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #21886
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'M MAD AS HELL AND .... AND ... AND AS SOON AS I GET SOME FEELING BACK INTO MY LIPS, I'M GOING TO YELL ABOUT IT!

So .... I went to get a root canal today ... after eating through straws for 3 days. And munching Vicodin like M&M's.
And ... I endure the repeated X-Rays, the testing with hot & cold that makes you cry like a baby, and the "hundreds" of needle sticks that finally numbs the entire right side of my head ... and the dental dam that suffocates you because the Novocaine has collapsed your nostril!
And ... the drilling begins ... I settle back for 2 hours of fun ... and suddenly the drilling stops ... and I hear the dentist say "Oh dear - I'm not going to be able to save this one."

It seems there was a fracture in one of the largest roots hidden by the old amalgam filling - that couldn't be sealed - literally splitting the tooth in half - no wonder I've been in excruciating pain!

So ... I'm sent home with half my face feeling the size of a basketball, a temporary filling, prescriptions for more Vicodin and antibiotics, and an appointment tomorrow with an oral surgeon to plan the removal of the molar! With instructions "Not to chew" until the tooth is out.

The nurse whispers "Better get some ibuprofen into you as soon as possible" as I leave. Have you ever tried to swallow 4 pills with water when there is absolutely no feeling in your tongue or in over 3/4 of your mouth? Or tell the pharmacist your date of birth without drooling on the counter?

*snivel*

I have consumed another cup of soup, 4 more ibuprofen, 2 amoxicillin capsules - and a Guinness!

I HATE TEETH!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #21887
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'M MAD AS HELL AND .... AND ... AND AS SOON AS I GET SOME FEELING BACK INTO MY LIPS, I'M GOING TO YELL ABOUT IT!

So .... I went to get a root canal today ... after eating through straws for 3 days. And munching Vicodin like M&M's.
And ... I endure the repeated X-Rays, the testing with hot & cold that makes you cry like a baby, and the "hundreds" of needle sticks that finally numbs the entire right side of my head ... and the dental dam that suffocates you because the Novocaine has collapsed your nostril!
And ... the drilling begins ... I settle back for 2 hours of fun ... and suddenly the drilling stops ... and I hear the dentist say "Oh dear - I'm not going to be able to save this one."

It seems there was a fracture in one of the largest roots hidden by the old amalgam filling - that couldn't be sealed - literally splitting the tooth in half - no wonder I've been in excruciating pain!

So ... I'm sent home with half my face feeling the size of a basketball, a temporary filling, prescriptions for more Vicodin and antibiotics, and an appointment tomorrow with an oral surgeon to plan the removal of the molar! With instructions "Not to chew" until the tooth is out.

The nurse whispers "Better get some ibuprofen into you as soon as possible" as I leave. Have you ever tried to swallow 4 pills with water when there is absolutely no feeling in your tongue or in over 3/4 of your mouth? Or tell the pharmacist your date of birth without drooling on the counter?

*snivel*

I have consumed another cup of soup, 4 more ibuprofen, 2 amoxicillin capsules - and a Guinness!

I HATE TEETH!
Oh No! Not good!

Hope they get it taken care of tomorrow.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #21888
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Oh Pooh...I am so sorry to hear this. I hope everything goes better tomorrow.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #21889
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Sometimes I think the best thing about teeth is after they are removed. Take lots of pain killers, Pooh, and plenty of Scotch. No one says you have to be sober for getting teeth out except the dentist. They used to use rum before cutting off a leg. That has to account for something! Hope all goes smoothly.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #21890
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Sometimes I think the best thing about teeth is after they are removed. Take lots of pain killers, Pooh, and plenty of Scotch. No one says you have to be sober for getting teeth out except the dentist. They used to use rum before cutting off a leg. That has to account for something! Hope all goes smoothly.

Stitchawl

And who doesn't like a Rum-soaked chicken leg, eh?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #21891
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:

Stitchawl
I'm currently drowning my sorrows in single malt Scotch!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #21892
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry Pooh, I hope once it's out the pain will go away quickly!

My mother always "prescribes" Baileys when having a toothache.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #21893
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Pack them up! This can help....

Stitchawl
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #21894
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Oh pooh. That is horrible to have to go through all that and still have to wait to have complete relief from all the pain.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 AM   #21895
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
pooh, I feel your pain. But the bright side is that the oral surgeon will probably knock you out to remove that troublemaking tooth.

I hate needles in my mouth.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #21896
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
(hugs Pooh)

Feel better. Hopefully they are able to get the molar out soon.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #21897
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Please take care with antibiotics and alcohol....sometimes they don't mix well together.
Good luck on the teeth!
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #21898
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Please take care with antibiotics and alcohol....sometimes they don't mix well together.
Good luck on the teeth!
Agreed. I don't drink when on antibiotics.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #21899
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Unless I'm mistaken, the problem of mixing antibiotics and alcohol is that the alcohol reduces the efficacy of the drug rather than there being a physical danger because of the combination... but don't quote me on this. There IS a reason not to mix them.

Stitchawl
Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #21900
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, the problem of mixing antibiotics and alcohol is that the alcohol reduces the efficacy of the drug rather than there being a physical danger because of the combination... but don't quote me on this. There IS a reason not to mix them.

Stitchawl
That's my understanding too. Best of luck with the molar extraction pooh. Will you get a replacement for it?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness