Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
booksnake
booksnake began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Reading my Borders Books on Kobo Desktop

I bought about 10 ebooks books from borders.com. I read them all with my borders desktop reader. Borders.com has since shut down.

Yesterday, I opened my borders desktop for the first time in 2-3 years. It automatically uninstalled itself and installed Kobo Desktop. When I open Kobo Desktop and enter my borders email/password, it tells me that it's invalid, and the "forgot password" link is dead.

Any solutions would be most welcome.
booksnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you will have to get in toich with Kobo support for help with this Best bet would be via eMail help@kobobooks.com
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Did you migrate your books to Kobo using the link in the many emails that were sent out when Borders closed? If yes, do they show up in your library on the Kobo website (assuming you have an account there)?

I think Peter's right you're going to have to contact Kobo's support folks and hope they can help.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote