Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
gggggg
gggggg began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW
Question how to get mobi-asin:B0xx into book.mobi - exth 113

Kindle 4 PC only shows covers, if the mobi-asin in the exth 113 is set to the correct B0xxxx asin.

1. I edited the metadata IDs field in calibre and then tried
- save to single dir (which was the K4PC dir)
- convert MOBI2MOBI and save the new .mobi to K4PC dir

2. I tried QualityPlugin "Fix KindleFire asin"

Neither way I get the B0xxx to 113. I checked this with MobiMetaEditor. If I directly edit the .mobi with this tool everything is fine ...

Interesting discussion, where they say it would be also ok just to have 113 empty http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...x2XULZG8JNK3K0

BTW: Mobi2Mobi perl tool seems to have problems since quite a while: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...07#post2027407

So how can achieve this using calibre ?

Last edited by gggggg; 03-10-2013 at 11:29 AM.
gggggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
gggggg

calibre-portable 0.9.22

yes it even works if I just delete 113 with the metaeditor .... so the prob is, that whatever I edit in calibres Metatags ID will not be written into the new mobi when converting mobi2mobi....
Just to check what calibre does I changed the personal tag in the mobi-output to [xxxx] and started a conversion....
the new mobi still has [EBOK] in it ....

I also tried unchecking "metadata in opf" and "separate cover file" in the Settings for "save to disk" but calibre still generates them ....

ideas VERY welcome !!!!

Last edited by gggggg; 03-10-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will not write mobi-asin in 113 I have explained the reasons many times before. You can use the mobi2mobi program to do it manually if you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
gggggg

1st of all - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! many THX for creating this tool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for newby behavior and bad english ;-) I hoped that the metadata Switch board might offer a solution

The bad thing is, that m2m tool doesnt work on my w8 sytem (see link above)

Quote:
Just to check what calibre does I changed the personal tag in the mobi-output (during conv and in default) to [xxxx] and started a conversion....
the new mobi still has [EBOK] in 501 ....

I also tried unchecking "metadata in opf" and "separate cover file" in the Settings for "save to disk" but calibre still generates them ....
any idea on that ???

Last edited by gggggg; 03-10-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Tinkergnome
Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
have some help for you on your issues go check this thread out https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...06#post1353306

just have to change a little bit of code on the asin_search.py script to
Code:
import sys
from amazonproduct import API

AWS_KEY = 'your key'
SECRET_KEY = 'your key'
ASSOCIATE_TAG='your tag'

api	 = API(AWS_KEY, SECRET_KEY, "us", ASSOCIATE_TAG)

for book in api.item_search('KindleStore', Title=sys.argv[1], Author=sys.argv[2]):
	for book in book.Items.Item:
		print '%s' % (book.ASIN)
run it on all your mobi files and you should be golden
Tinkergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert