Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Zab
Zab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
big problem with the battery (my M92 is new)

Hi everybody

I'm very surprised about the "performances" of the battery of my newly bought M92. After two or three uses, 30 minutes each time approximately (i.e only reading, making some annotations and marking some text) it is STILL battery off (it is not the first time it occurs). I use it with the option "10 minutes sleep 15 minutes off" so I don't understand at all what happens. On the screen of my device, there is the hour of the day it switches off, I suppose (why is it not completely white, since I choose the option "10 minutes sleep 15 minutes off", it is a mystery for me?)

I was wondering if it was not the wifi, that I tested in my home, but it didn't work, I have a an error message (something like "don't find the address, I don't remember quite well) and I didn't try again. Since no browser is running, I suppose the wifi is off, isn't it?

Each time I charged the device, it was with the charger that I bought at the same time than the M92 (and the provided cable).

Thank you for your help
Zab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Does it make a difference if you yourself put the device off?
How long do you charge?

In the beginning the battery needs some time to adjust and show more reliable values but being down after 3 x 30 minutes sounds very strange.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
The first full charge is very long, I've charge my M92 during the night. Are you sure to have fully charged the battery ?

Trying to active a web site active the WIFI. When you're browsing a web site, you could leave the web site without shutdown the WIFI. If you haven't shutdown the device, the WIFI could be active.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Zab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Does it make a difference if you yourself put the device off?
Well, I don't know, I haven't used it in this way a lot of time (2 or 3 times) so it is difficult to compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
How long do you charge?

In the beginning the battery needs some time to adjust and show more reliable values but being down after 3 x 30 minutes sounds very strange.
Last time, I charged it all the night. If I remember well the light is orange when charging and blue when it is charged? On the morning, it was blue...
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
Zab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
The first full charge is very long, I've charge my M92 during the night. Are you sure to have fully charged the battery ?
As I said to Billi las time I charged it all the night. I will try again this night

Quote:
Trying to active a web site active the WIFI. When you're browsing a web site, you could leave the web site without shutdown the WIFI. If you haven't shutdown the device, the WIFI could be active.
It was my first idea, but HOW do you shut down this f... (sorry) WIFI??? With a PC or my phone I know how to do but with this device I feel very stupid I don't know where to go. There is no icon called "wifi" configuration but "web sites" or something like that. When you click on this icon the wireless connection windows appears and the device searches for wifi connections, you select the right one and you enter the wep key, etc... But to switch off the wifi, I haven't seen seen anything, I have missed something, evidently.

But anyway, since the last time I charged it, I didn't go on the internet so it cannot be the reason (the wifi does switch off when the device shuts down I guess?)

Zab
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zab View Post
It was my first idea, but HOW do you shut down this f... (sorry) WIFI??? With a PC or my phone I know how to do but with this device I feel very stupid I don't know where to go. There is no icon called "wifi" configuration but "web sites" or something like that. When you click on this icon the wireless connection windows appears and the device searches for wifi connections, you select the right one and you enter the wep key, etc... But to switch off the wifi, I haven't seen seen anything, I have missed something, evidently.
When the connexion is established, if you press the EXIT button, a pop ask to shutdown the WIFI.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Zab

the battery is defective

Quote:
When the connexion is established, if you press the EXIT button, a pop ask to shutdown the WIFI.
The problem is still not solved. Even without the wifi I noticed that the device is down 2 days only after I charged it (either with the charger or directly on the PC), even if I don't use it. Thus I'm going to send it back to Arta tech...

thank you for your help
Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Edit: I said something about USB charging, and then noticed that a charger had also been tried. So, I deleted my useless suggestion.

Last edited by rkomar; 03-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote