Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Ruby_Murray
Ruby_Murray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Touch - How to find my PID

Hi, I have a Kindle Touch and I'm trying to figure out how to find my PID. I tried using the a website, but it didn't seem to work with Calibre when I tried to download a library book...I'm a complete newbie and the site is all I've tried...Thanks!
Ruby_Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved post to own thread.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Isn't that just your serial number?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
As gweminence says, the old MobiPocket PID has been replaced by the serial number on all new Kindles. If you want to cut and paste, it is on your "Manage my Kindle" page at Amazon.com. Don't forget to remove the spaces.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Ruby_Murray
Ruby_Murray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
As gweminence says, the old MobiPocket PID has been replaced by the serial number on all new Kindles. If you want to cut and paste, it is on your "Manage my Kindle" page at Amazon.com. Don't forget to remove the spaces.
Thank you!
Ruby_Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
kiermel
Enthusiast
kiermel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
In the kindle touch go to Menu->Device Information (I think).
In the Kindle Touch in spanish go to Menu->Información del dispositivo

It is the serial number that replace the PID of older Kindle devices.
kiermel is offline   Reply With Quote