Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #571
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Most plugins respect Virtual Libraries as limits <<<
Some Plugins have a Selected books option
Pretty sure Find Duplicates works within Virtual Libraries, but not with set of selected books. So create a VL for Stephen King and do the FD within it, then remove the Stephen King VL.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #572
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Does anyone have the know-how to add the possibility to use custom columns to search for duplicates?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #573
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Does anyone have the know-how to add the possibility to use custom columns to search for duplicates?
@Tanjamuse - don't think so - it only looks at Author, Title and Identifier.

There's a Find Metadata Variations option (third item in dropdown), but that's limited to Authors, Publishers, Series and Tags - see 5th screen shot in first post.

Would it be easy to add - probably not, especially as the author is inactive. Maybe the Multi Column Search plugin could help, it's author is active.

BR
Old 08-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #574
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
The plugin searches only the library you are currently in or all the libraries you have created? 'Cos I need for it to do both
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #575
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It does both, but you can't use custom columns in it. Only Authors and Title from the standard columns in calibre.
Advert
Old 08-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #576
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
The plugin searches only the library you are currently in or all the libraries you have created? 'Cos I need for it to do both
Any Library (that is accessible from the MAIN Switch Library Menu)
1 Search,
1 Library

Spin , repeat for additional libraries
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #577
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MCS: Cross-Library Duplicates Search with Custom Columns

MCS does Cross-Library Duplicates searches with Standard Columns and Custom Columns. Maximum of 2 columns at one time. 2 Standard, 2 Custom, or 1 of each.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #578
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
MCS does Cross-Library Duplicates searches with Standard Columns and Custom Columns. Maximum of 2 columns at one time. 2 Standard, 2 Custom, or 1 of each.

DaltonST
MCS? what's that? a plugin/addon or something?
Old 08-08-2016, 03:11 PM   #579
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Multi Column Search, and yes it's a plugin.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #580
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Teeny - via its Find library duplicates option, this plugin can also search for a duplicate identifier, in addition to duplicate title and/or author viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	150762

BR
Old 08-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #581
Wanderdragon
Wanderdragon began at the beginning.

Hello, I am an old lady and I am trying to put the plugin in the calibre 2.63 64 bit by David Koval (that is what it says at the bottom left of the screen. I have the plug in downloaded it to my extra hard drive and I unzipped it. I can delete that and redownload. I understand I messed up. I tried downloading it to program files and calibre plugins, but the computer told me I couldn't. So where do I download it?

But my issue is I cannot find a button or link on the preference like it says here "In Calibre choose Preferences->Plugins. Click the Load plugin from file button (Calibre 0.8.6 or later) or Add new plugin button (Calibre 0.8.5 or earlier) to browse to your plugin .zip file and click OK." All I got on the user plugins page is a link to this plugin homepage. and a greyed out button that says customize plugin and 2 buttons that say install and ok. I have NO plugins installed so.... Can someone please help me?

Thank you.
Wanderdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:24 AM   #582
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderdragon View Post
Hello, I am an old lady and I am trying to put the plugin in the calibre 2.63 64 bit by David Koval (that is what it says at the bottom left of the screen. I have the plug in downloaded it to my extra hard drive and I unzipped it. I can delete that and redownload. I understand I messed up. I tried downloading it to program files and calibre plugins, but the computer told me I couldn't. So where do I download it?

But my issue is I cannot find a button or link on the preference like it says here "In Calibre choose Preferences->Plugins. Click the Load plugin from file button (Calibre 0.8.6 or later) or Add new plugin button (Calibre 0.8.5 or earlier) to browse to your plugin .zip file and click OK." All I got on the user plugins page is a link to this plugin homepage. and a greyed out button that says customize plugin and 2 buttons that say install and ok. I have NO plugins installed so.... Can someone please help me?

Thank you.
In Calibre
  • click the Preferences icon in the tool bar,
  • click the Plugins icon (bottom left corner),
  • click the Get New plugins button (bottom left corner),
  • type 'duplicates' into the Filter by name box (top right corner).
  • now you should see Find Duplicates as the only item
  • click Install
  • click Yes/OK to subsequent messages
  • do the Restart

Now you should have a Find Duplicates icon in your toolbar. Attached image shows above as composite screen shot.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	150878  
Old 08-19-2016, 06:32 AM   #583
Teeny
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Teeny - via its Find library duplicates option, this plugin can also search for a duplicate identifier, in addition to duplicate title and/or author viz:

Attachment 150762

BR
Ah see I was an idiot and I have my other libraries outside of the folder Calibre Library... 2x for poor judgement xDD
Old 08-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #584
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
Ah see I was an idiot and I have my other libraries outside of the folder Calibre Library... 2x for poor judgement xDD
@Teeny - I'm not sure what you mean by "I have my other libraries outside of the folder Calibre Library...", I fear you have read something into my post that I never intended. Your libraries can be wherever you want them.

Mine happen to be in a folder named 'd:\Calibre Libraries', but that folder is not a calibre library.

If you nest one or more calibre libraries in another calibre library then the outer library will generate errors in the Check Library process.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-19-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:48 PM   #585
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Hi,

I like this plugin very much for a long time. Today I started to make Cross Library Search with Author/Title.

Setting
Title Matching to Fuzzy
Author Matching to Ignore

At the end a dialogue tells me how much books are duplicates, after pressing ok, the marked:library_duplicate is active and everything looks fine.

But if I change it to:
Title Matching to Ignore
Author Matching to Fuzzy

I get the dialogue which tells me, how much books are duplicates, but after pressing ok, marked:library_duplicate is not set and the books are not marked.

Can anyone reproduce this?
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates