Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
luckycharms
Connoisseur
luckycharms began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, PRS-650, iPad 1, iPhone 4S
Syncing Calibre + eReader + iPhone

Hi Folks,

I'm using Calibre to manage my Sony PRS-600, and I also have an iPod touch on which I'm using Stanza. There are some threads out there (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62332, http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010...-opds-dropbox/) about syncing between all 3 using dropbox and calibre2opds. Seems like it works rather nicely.

For me, the real kicker is being able to sync bookmarks and current positions in the books. That is, I'd like to read on my eReader, sync to Calibre, and then be able to open the book in my iPod touch to the place I left off in my eReader. Perhaps a tall order, but thought I'd bring it up anyway. I don't know where bookmarks are stored - do those tend to be a device-dependent structure, or are the kept in some sort of catalog file?

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts!

best,
allie
luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Higly device dependent. Not something easily done.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert