Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #31
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
So I downloaded the zip for the N905C, connected USB cable and unzipped it to the .kobo folder. Then got an error from unzip that that there was not enough space
How much space does it say you have in settings --> device information? I think you need a minimum of about 90Mb to install the firmware update, if you have less this then some of the updated files might not have been installed.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #32
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

In Glo, the issues reading pdf in landscape mode are still there. It is impossible to use left or right bars at the edge of screen to turn page back or forward. Click on the bar will bring up menu.
And, next page location in landscape mode is still wrong. It is bottom left but should be top left.
Damn, how difficult it is to fix those issues. It so annoying after each page turn to scroll the page up to start reading. It seems they never check if all works in landscape mode too. Unbelievable. Those issues have been up since the FW 2.8.1. Sent email to kobo support, but after a week, now reply received.
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #33
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
How much space does it say you have in settings --> device information?
1.2 GB ...
Just did the whole update again on another PC, just to be sure. No problems this time ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
here you go
How did you setup the 3rd screen ?
I can only get the status/read info on 'covers full screen' in sleeping mode, the option is greyed out for normal current read. Only in sleeping mode, powered off does still show the info both in normal and full.

Last edited by Goner; 11-14-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #34
JQW
JQW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
I've sideloaded it onto my Mini.

On the Mini it still uses the old style tiled interface, but each of the five books extends over the edge of the screen, making them mostly unreadable. Pocket documents appear on this screen, using the first image displayed within the document.
JQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #35
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
anything new for pdf?! thanks
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQW View Post
I've sideloaded it onto my Mini.

On the Mini it still uses the old style tiled interface, but each of the five books extends over the edge of the screen, making them mostly unreadable. Pocket documents appear on this screen, using the first image displayed within the document.
Thanks, good to know. I'll skip it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #37
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi everyone, this is my first post and i apologize if my english is not good.
I read about this new firmware, but i cannot understand if it is a release for Touch only, or if it is official also for Glo
Thanks
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #38
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
installed this update but kobotweaks nolonger works! :-(

PDF's work and seem faster to load and flick through... There also is a label at bottom left which says library not sure what it does as nothing happens when click on it..

Comics work and again seem a little faster..

If you use web browser it now appears on front in a tile just like the recent books do.

Pocket is far better for me now too....nice tiles and can access archive too...

Bookmarks now appear on home screen as a tile

All in all nice update so far just wish tweaks worked....

Last edited by lohtse; 11-14-2013 at 07:05 AM.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #39
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Screenshots feature is working again in this firmware
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #40
JQW
JQW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Thanks, good to know. I'll skip it.
I've reverted back to 2.8.1. Although 3.0.0 works on the Mini, the main screen is too messy to be of any real use.
JQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #41
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The Screenshots feature is working again in this firmware
Hi,
Screenshot feature? What is it? It's on the Glo? Is this something like a PrintScreen on pc? How do you take screenshot on your eReader?

Thanks,
Risto.
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #42
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I don't think this is fixed. Just tried it on my Aura HD with 5 min sleep and it still times out at just over 1 min on restart with no touch on the screen. If your sleep setting is longer it will take longer to timeout (IIRC).
My aura hd goes to sleep correctly now, no delay.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #43
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Goner the 3rd screen is with fullscreen off.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto40 View Post
Screenshot feature? What is it? It's on the Glo? Is this something like a PrintScreen on pc? How do you take screenshot on your eReader?
Yes, it is basically the printscreen in a PC.

If you add the following lines below to the "Kobo eReader.conf" file, when you press the power slider it will take a screenshot. The screenshot will be saved as a PNG in the root directory of the device.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
If there is already a "FeatureSettings" section, add the other line after it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #45
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Goner the 3rd screen is with fullscreen off.
Thought so ... so on your Touch the % read and sleeping info is on by default for normal screen ? When I only enable 'show current read' I do not get the status/read info. Only get to see that with fullscreen on ...

Oops
after a bit of selecting and deselecting the sleep & power options and switching off/on suddenly the info is back on the sleeping screen !?

Bummer .. screenshot feature doesn't work on Touch (loved that feature on my BeBook).

Last edited by Goner; 11-14-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote