Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
eBook Bailout Plan: 50% Rebates on Every Title! TOMORROW LAST DAY!!!!

Another Fictionwise Deal:

The Feds bailed out Wall Street last week to the tune of $700 Billion, and here at Fictionwise we say: why let the fat cat CEO's have all the fun? So starting now, every single title in our store sports a massive 50% Micropay Rebate when paying by credit or PayPal! But hurry: we will run this insane eBook Bailout Package either through Sunday October 12 (SALE EXTENDED FOR A LIMITED TIME), or until we give away $700 Billion worth of Rebates, whichever comes first!

Last edited by Gibbo; 10-15-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: SALE EXTENDED FOR A LIMITED TIME
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hmmmm....well, it looks like my Fictionwise Wish List is about to get pared down significantly
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Yep, it's gone down drastically
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Rats. I bought two new books from them yesterday---before the sale
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Groan! There goes my Budget.

I've got nearly a dozen books in my cart already and there are plenty more left to to go

Still, sales like this mean that I'm willing to pick up books that I would usually not buy sight unseen as the price is low enough to not worry me (too much) if I end up hating it.

And while Samples are nice, I like to page through different parts of the book to get and Idea of a new authors writing style. The first couple of chapters are often not enough.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
The people at Fictionwise are devious. I wonder if I will ever manage to spend all my micropay dollars.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I was smart. I bought half the things I wanted, then used the micropay from that to buy the other half
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
Cheezburger
Cheezburger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I was smart too. And I bought my titles from www.booksonboard.com where you get more than 50% back in rewards dollars this weekend. And the prices are usually better to begin with.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=77072
Cheezburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
PsyDocJoanne
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Hi Cheezburger...

I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, and I bought a bunch of books last night through Fictionwise, so I thought I'd do a price comparison to see which store had better prices (at least for my purchases).

Pardon my lousy formatting, but here's how it shakes out for the books I bought last night (1st price is Books on Board price this weekend, 2nd is Fictionwise price with club membership/Micropay rebate this wekeend):

The Great and Secret Show, Clive Barker 6.63 (5.52)
Chasing the Devil: My Twenty-Year Quest to Capture the Green River Killer 4.88 (4.23)
Dearly Devoted Dexter [Dexter Series Book 2] 8.80 (7.63)
Dexter in the Dark (Book 3) N/A (5.93)
Stranger in a Strange Land 3.92 (3.39)
The Stand, Complete and Uncut 7.63 (8.80)
The Accidental Time Machine 3.92 (3.39)
Ghost Ship 2.20 (1.91)
Children of Hamlin 2.20 (1.91)
Survivors 2.20 (1.91)
The Peacekeepers 2.20 (1.91)
Strike Zone 2.20 (1.91)

Total (does not include Dexter #3, since unavailable at BoB)
Books on Board: 46.78
Fictionwise: 42.51

So it looks as though for me, at least, Fictionwise is the way to go....not by much, but by enough
Old 10-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #10
Cheezburger

club membership? whats that? do you have to give fictionwise your CC info or Buy In to some kind of membership?

sounds a little wall street to me...

BooksOnBoard is simple and straight forward, low price and then Rewards Dollars off

please, no price explanantions requiring calculations and results given only after factoring in x,y,z.....been a long week, we don't need more of that
Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #11
PsyDocJoanne

There's not a lot of math to club membership, so don't strain yourself:

$29.99/year

That includes one free book ($10). It also entitles you to 15% off all purchases. In addition, you also get quantity discounts (an extra 10% off orders over $100, 15% off orders over $200).

The bottom line is that my club membership has paid for itself in less than 3 months, and now the rest is gravy.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
8.46 - 1 * The Serial Killer Files: The Who, What, Where, How, and Why of the World's Most Terrifying Murderers [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Harold Schechter
22.06 - 1 * A Life Decoded: My Genome, My Life [Secure eReader (recommended)] by J. Craig Venter
10.16 - 1 * The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Elyn R. Saks
12.71 - 1 * Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's [Secure eReader (recommended)] by John Elder Robison
15.26 - 1 * Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Tim Weiner
11.01 - 1 * The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Amity Shlaes
12.74 - 1 * Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World [Secure Microsoft Reader] by Bret Witter
14.41 - 1 * The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Mary Ann Shaffer
-----
106.81 - Total

68.80 - *Rebate (Added to your Micropay account)
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #13
Cheezburger

I went and checked up on the membership at ficw

$30 bucks to join!? and then I get to buy books and qualify for rebates?

so for me the math would come out to

ficw 42.51 + 30.00 = 72.51
BoB 46.78 = 46.78

to get into the same stack of books as you did.

(I corrected my math, but still, it's math and I find the prices at BoB lower overall day in and day out, and no math to get to my savings)

Last edited by Cheezburger; 10-10-2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: having to do math
Old 10-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #14
PsyDocJoanne

Not exactly. But since you don't want to do any calculating, I'm not surprised your calculations are incorrect.

Enjoy yourself at BoB. I'll be saving money at Fictionwise.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
Cheezburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
8.46 - 1 * The Serial Killer Files: The Who, What, Where, How, and Why of the World's Most Terrifying Murderers [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Harold Schechter
22.06 - 1 * A Life Decoded: My Genome, My Life [Secure eReader (recommended)] by J. Craig Venter
10.16 - 1 * The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Elyn R. Saks
12.71 - 1 * Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's [Secure eReader (recommended)] by John Elder Robison
15.26 - 1 * Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Tim Weiner
11.01 - 1 * The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Amity Shlaes
12.74 - 1 * Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World [Secure Microsoft Reader] by Bret Witter
14.41 - 1 * The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society [Secure eReader (recommended)] by Mary Ann Shaffer
-----
106.81 - Total

68.80 - *Rebate (Added to your Micropay account)

Gator, but I also am a Sony PRS 505 user, and I need my eBooks in Adobe pdf and epub, so again I find myself preferring BoB, as they always have the titles I want in the Secure Adobe formats I need for my Sony

(how are you getting those Secure MS Reader and eReader files on your Sony Device, I haven't tried this out yet)

Last edited by Cheezburger; 10-10-2008 at 12:03 PM.