Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #406
etiessen
etiessen began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
B&N Nook

Any competition to the existing readers is good - Eventually we might just end up with a situation where all reader manufactures will have these "new" features. I have a Sony Reader (PRS 505) and not quite ready to upgrade. I haven't seen much more about their new releases??
etiessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #407
electronic.zhu
electronic.zhu began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650/ipod touch
Stay tuned...
electronic.zhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #408
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
It's a nice lightweight iPad alternative, but hardly an eReader. My NOOKColor 5cent review here.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #409
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
It's a nice lightweight iPad alternative, but hardly an eReader. My NOOKColor 5cent review here.
Depends on your definition of eReader. Is an eReader only synonymous with reading novels? or can it also read other formats?

For reading novels, I find eInk to be better. But for reading magazines, newspapers, comics, do-it-yourself guides, textbooks, childrens books, etc, I find color to be better.

I'll read novels on a Nook, but danged if I'll read the rest of that list on one. This is where Nook Color steps in. At half the price of an iPad, people can consume color content on a device not much larger than a regular Nook.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #410
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
good grief! you are short of being 3 days short of this thread having been a year old at its conclusion. did that little notice about it being an old thread have no impact at all?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote