Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
Question Metadata plugboards not longer working

I setup a renaming plugboard years ago according to this wiki. I am using various Kobo devices that all identify as "KOBOTOUCH".

Preferences->Metadata Plugboards
Format: epub
Device: KOBOTOUCH
Source Template: {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Destination Field: title

This used to work fine at some point but has broken somewhere over the updates to Calbre. I am currently on Calibre 4.22.0.

I have also tried changing the format to "any format" and setting the device to "any device". This simply does nothing for me.

Screenshot included of plugboard.

What am I missing here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_plugboard_not_working.png
Views:	241
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	181421  
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you now sending KEYPUB by any chance?
Kobo has made a few FW updates and now supports series. But I don't think it offers to sort that by series index ( you need to do a second connect to pick this up)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

No only epub.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
No only epub.
If you don't have any other devices, try setting it to Any.
Can't hurt
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
slate
Connoisseur

Please read my original posting that is already in there.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Please read my original posting that is already in there.
Your original post says the device is set to KoboTouch. Use the dropdown to set that to Any while leaving the format as epub.

Also do you have a Save template set in the KoboTouch/KoboTouchExtended driver? See attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboTouch_driver_config_tab_01.png
Views:	166
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	181424  

Last edited by DNSB; 08-19-2020 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added KoboTouch driver image
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #7
slate
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Your original post says the device is set to KoboTouch. Use the dropdown to set that to Any while leaving the format as epub.
Of course it is. That is a single screenshot.

I have also tried changing the format to "any format" and setting the device to "any device". This simply does nothing for me.

This is painful.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #8
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:

This is painful.
Really? Being inconvenienced is painful? While people are TRYING to help you? I bet you're a great tipper...
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:46 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

This is painful.
Did you also check the driver Save template? Or the Save to Disk Save Template?

I would suggest something like:

{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title}/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)} - {series:| |}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{title}

When I tried your template using epub:any, the <dc:title> tag in content.opf was set to the series series index - title correctly and imported with that information as the displayed title on a Clara HD.

Of course, given that a Kobo ereader can now display the series without that, it's a pretty useless tactic.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-19-2020 at 06:25 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #10
slate
Connoisseur

Patched the source and compiled a working copy for myself. All the best.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Curious to know what you changed
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:15 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Patched and compiled what? Any code related to this is not compiled. You can run from source to easily make any changes needed.

But what was the change? Metadata plugboards are working fine here for me with the calibre and the latest Kobo firmware. Or was the issue that you saw the warning about the supported Kobo firmware version and didn't act on the instructions in it?

Though, I just noticed the device you list is a "Kobo Arc". They do not use the KoboTouch driver. The above metadata plugboard would not be used at all. What is the actual device you are using?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #13
slate
Connoisseur

Lots of hidden moderation on this thread.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:11 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Lots of hidden moderation on this thread.
That is unusual. I see moderation in other threads, but, it is usually commented on by the moderator. They usually add a post stating that something was removed.

But, I am still curious about what you patched. Everything you described works with the Kobo e-ink devices, so I want to know what was happening and how you fixed it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, plugboard, renaming, used to work