Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 10:41 PM   #1
dcoulombe
dcoulombe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Stopping Content server from command line

Hello,

I am running a book server on a Raspberry Pi 4. I am using the following line on CRONTAB to start the server on boot.

@reboot /usr/bin/calibre-server --access-log /home/pi/LOG/access.log --log /home/pi/LOG/oper.log --daemonize --port 8080

It works great so far, except when I want to stop the content server for maintenance or other stuff. I spend much time trying to find the command to STOP it, but could not find anything close. So the simple question is: how can I stop the content server from the command line appropriate for CALIBRE-SERVER ? As it stands now, I comment the startup line in crontab, and reboot to finally have access to calibre for maintenance... Somewhat of a pain!

Thanks for any help.
dcoulombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Send it SIGINT or SIGTERM with the kill command just like you would for any daemon. Add the --pidfile option and use

kill `cat /path/to/pidfile`
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #3
dcoulombe
dcoulombe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thanks a lot, Kovid... I got it working!

Have a nice day!
dcoulombe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
command line, content server