Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 12:28 AM   #1
font332
Connoisseur
font332 began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Getting clippings from usb broken kindle, omitting amazon?

hello

So I don't know how this could be helpful/important info but I have JB PW2 with KUAL and KOReader. The USB is broken probably, so I am searching for a way to copy my clipping somehow to other place and I guess this could be done by just connecting to the wi-fi and the clippings will update to my amazon account(?), but I want to omit that, because I've been using my clippings as a notebook and there are some stuff that I want to be sure it stays private, and uploading it to the amazon server seems to much plausible to contradicts that.

I was thinking that maybe there is somehow and option to login into some email service via experimental browser, but I'm not sure if then we can attach files. I have a feeling that not.

Therefore I was wondering whether maybe it would be possible to somehow sneak some other KUAL application like better browser, by changing the application extension to fake pdf and then update it via send to kindle by email, but the question then is if the amazon modifies the pdf anyway(?), because again I have a feeling that it does.

Therefore I was wondering could there be any other ways of achieving that?
Thanks
font332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
My Clippings.txt is not uploaded to Amazon, it is just a log file of your annotations. The annotations themselves will be uploaded, by default, if it is something you purchased from Amazon or you have added as a Personal Document.

You can go to your Amazon account (Manage Your Content and Devices/Settings) and turn off Whispersync if you don’t want that to happen.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:52 AM   #3
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
BooksByMail extension
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
If you have usbnetworking, you could ssh/scp or telnet into the Kindle over wifi.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, clippings, hack, kindle, pw2