Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Firmware3.17.0 Discussion

Firmware 3.17.0 Discussion
Firmware version 3.17.0 has been released.

This release is for...

Mark 3 Hardware: Original Touch(N905/N905B Model)
Mark 4 Hardware: Aura HD/Glo and TouchLC (Low Cost -N905C Model).
Mark 5 Hardware : Aura / Aura H2O
Mark 6 Hardware : Glo HD

The first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread will be updated. This should be called The Pulled Out of a Hat release.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So, what's new with firmware 3.17.0?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I notice a very distinct faster gui (had 3.15.0 before). Page turns appear to be much faster. Not that it wasn't ok before, IMHO.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What is the build info on the released version? settings | deviceinfo
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #5
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What is the build info on the released version? settings | deviceinfo
Do you mean:

3.17.0 (60588a39fd, 8/7/15)?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure do. As a caveat I have seen several occurrences of my Glo HD not sleeping after the sleep inactivity period has passed using this build. It does sleep properly with the cover closed though.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #7
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For those who didn't use 3.16.10 before - 3.17.0 has the sickel reboot issue. And it has nothing to do with my other mods - for other reasons I did a factory reset before installing 3.17.0 so the device was clean, yet it reboots for no reason.

In the other thread I'd posted a hack to disable those reboots and it still works for me
» Disable Sickel Hack «

Apart from that this seems to be new:

Quote:
KoboLove - a loyalty program that rewards you for your love of reading.
KoboLove is a loyalty program that rewards you for your love of reading. Automatically earn KoboLove Points with every eBook purchase a nd redeem from a catalogue of over 1 million titles in every genre. What's not to love?

KoboLove Membership

Earn %4 points for every %5 you spend o n eBooks
Get extra points on KoboLove Bonus Days to earn rewards faster
Redeem from a catalogue of over 1 million titles in every genre
Redeem from onl y %6 KoboLove Points

KoboLove VIP Membership
Always earn double the KoboLove Points and more when you upgrade to become a V IP Member!

Earn %7 points for every %8 you spend on eBooks
Get %9% off an exclusive list of over 1 million titles, anytime
Get extra points on Ko boLove Bonus Days to earn rewards faster
Get an additional %10% off on select Kobo promotions*
Get one free eBook every year from a choice of your favourite genres
Redeem from a catalogue of over 1 million titles starting from %11 KoboLove Points

Upgrade today to earn twice as fast and get all of these VIP benefits fo r only %12 KoboLove Points or %13/year

*An extra %14% off on select discount promotions chosen by Kobo and based on the promotional period.

Last edited by frostschutz; 08-12-2015 at 06:28 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #8
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Oh, so they're rolling out Kobo Love. Cool. I kept meaning to post about it; heard about it on the Kobo Insiders group a month or so back.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:09 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I don't think KoboLove has been activated yet.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #10
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
May not be activated yet, but it's certainly a sign that they're likely to implement it.

Curious as to the other changes in this update, though I'm likely going to wait for Geoff to release a patch before I update. Unless my H2O updates on its own of course.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #11
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
First attempt at installing this firmware to my H20 resulted in corruption and freezing.

Updated from Firmware 3.16 which was never released for my device but installed regardless. Factory reset to default and upgraded instantly to 3.15 and then completed the Update to 3.17. This resulted in a satisfactory install with no corruption. It did however result in me having to reinstall a copy of my data base to restore my books.

regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #12
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Something I noticed with 3.16.10, and which likely might also hold for 3.17.0, which I did not yet try, is that the Japanese dictionary has become searchable.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #13
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
First attempt at installing this firmware to my H20 resulted in corruption and freezing.

Updated from Firmware 3.16 which was never released for my device but installed regardless. Factory reset to default and upgraded instantly to 3.15 and then completed the Update to 3.17. This resulted in a satisfactory install with no corruption. It did however result in me having to reinstall a copy of my data base to restore my books.

regards

JAck
Another sidenote is that going from 3.16.10 to 3.17 may require a factory reset (or possibly just a firmware downgrade??) for devices other than the Glo HD. Nickel reboot may prevent 3.17 from installing. Apparently this shoudln't be an issue on the Glo HD (which is what it was officially released for IIRC).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #14
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I've updated the first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread.

This one is the It's Too Damn Early in the Morning to Come Up with a Name release.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #15
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I've updated the first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread.

This one is the It's Too Damn Early in the Morning to Come Up with a Name release.
A name I will remember.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote