Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Help with ADE accounts

Hi, I have a bit of a problem and was hoping someone more wise in the ways of Adobe could help me out, as my searching has failed so far. Back when I first got into ereading, I discovered Sony and set myself an account with them under my college email. Then I was given my Kobo Vox, which I setup under my personal email, and have mostly used since. I am going to be losing the college email, and my old prs-350 sony is dying. Back then I didn't realize that doing it that way created two different Adobe ID's. I was wondering if there was some way to merge the accounts under my personal email. I know if I sign in to the ADE website, I can change my email address, will that make it so all the books from both stores will have the same Adobe ID? Or can I call Adobe customer service and have them do it? Has anyone managed that?
I realize that Apprentice Alf might help here, but was wondering if there was (for lack of a better term) legitimate way to do it. Thanks!
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I haven't tried this as I only have one Adobe account, but I think you can go back to the retailer that you bought the books from with your first account, and just download your books again using your current ADE account.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I haven't tried this as I only have one Adobe account, but I think you can go back to the retailer that you bought the books from with your first account, and just download your books again using your current ADE account.
I tried that with a book I purchased from Kobo and it says already fulfilled

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I tried that with a book I purchased from Kobo and it says already fulfilled
Well that is good to know, I would have eventually done the same thing as the OP and ended up with the same problem.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
They don't want random people fulfilling other peoples' books for their own account too. the .acsm is linked to the account that activated it. Fortunately:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/p...l#forgot_email
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Adobe help
It's critical to always use the same Adobe ID. If you have multiple Adobe IDs and want to consolidate them, contact us.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
About the only thing I would suggest is that on the Adobe ID linked to your college eMail, set an alternate eMail address to a more permanent eMail, so at least you would be able to get eMails at the alternate eMail if you ever forget the password of that original Adobe ID.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Thank you for the link eschwartz, I tried online chat with Adobe CS, they basically said that since it's a free product, here's a link to the forums, have fun. Not very helpful. So I've posted my question there, we'll see what happens.
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try calling their number, online chat tends to stink in my experience.

Link to the forums? What the heck is that supposed to do? No one in the forums has administrative access to the Adobe server backend to do that kind of change, or no one would be having any kind of trouble at all! We would all just download all our books for free.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote