Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
Roker2
PW->PW3
Roker2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 1/3
Does Go GUI packages for Kindle exist?

Hi! I want to write Mega client on Golang with GUI, but go-sciter, gotk3, qt, webview doesn't work or can not to be buildable for ARM. I want to use package, which has simple models like buttons, comboboxes and etc.
Does it exist?
Roker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker2 View Post
Hi! I want to write Mega client on Golang with GUI, but go-sciter, gotk3, qt, webview doesn't work or can not to be buildable for ARM. I want to use package, which has simple models like buttons, comboboxes and etc.
Does it exist?
Try gotk3. The touchscreen Kindles have provided gtk(version ?) from the factory forever.
You will probably have to build your own gotk3, since modern distros are hard float and the Kindles are soft float.
(Although I do have a thread here on how to simultaneously support both hard and soft float 'transparently' on the Kindles (or anything else ELF formatted)).
Another of my threads that aroused less than zero interest.

Last edited by knc1; 07-03-2020 at 09:18 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert