Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2020, 08:09 AM   #16
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You use Windows Security that comes with Windows 10. If you don't have Windows 10, you use the AV that comes with that version of Windows.
I have windows 10

So uninstall avast and use windows defender?
Someone told me windows defender was blocking too much as well.
So didnt switch it on.
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
I have windows 10

So didnt switch it on.
I've used the MS product in its various guises since 2009 when I ditched XP for Win 7, and I can't recall ever getting a false +ve from 'it'. But, I have had it find malware, including a trojan that none of the Virus Total scanners found - it was in a CCleaner download, an Avast product!

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #18
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I've used the MS product in its various guises since 2009 when I ditched XP for Win 7, and I can't recall ever getting a false +ve from 'it'. But, I have had it find malware, including a trojan that none of the Virus Total scanners found - it was in a CCleaner download, an Avast product!

BR
Ok will try to do it now Just got to find where.

Last edited by book64; 07-02-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:32 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I have windows 10

So didnt switch it on.
I too was using Microsoft's AV since Windows 7 and I've never had a false positive. Also, I've never had a trojan or a virus. I've had other AV give false positives. The MS AV does not slow down yoursystem like most othersdo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:40 AM   #20
book64
Love reading

Does this look ok? I havent done anything
Sorry to be confused not used defender before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	180332  
Old 07-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #21
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Yup, looks OK.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Does this look ok? I havent done anything
Sorry to be confused not used defender before
Yes, it looks good. You are good to go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote