Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
Ted Friesen
Nameless Being

Links to files in the same folder

Why would this be accepted: (the link works)
<a href="Prologue.xhtml">

But this is not: (the link doesn't work)
<a href="c01.xhtml">

And must be changed to:
<a href="OEBPS/Text/c01.xhtml">

Even though both "Prologue.xhtml" and "c01.xhtml" are in the text folder with the "TOC.xhtml" file that includes the <a href call.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If one is working and the other is not, then both files are not in the same folder. The view of files on the left does not show folders, it shows categories.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
Ted Friesen
Nameless Being

Got it. I was confusing categories with location. Thanks.

I see ,then, that some of my books have all the files in the same folder, but that others use a folder structure like: 0EBPS/text/c01.html for some files but not all.

The bulk rename in the file browser will rename "c01". Is there a bulk utility that will change the "OEBPS/text" prefix (ie. move the files)?

*EDIT*
No need for a reply. I found a quick and dirty way to accomplish what I wanted. Thanks for the great program.

Last edited by Ted Friesen; 07-04-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Found the answer
Old 07-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I find the structure is easier to follow if I always use "Tools, Arrange into Folders" in the editor

Sometimes when adding fonts and/or style sheets some references don't always point to the right locations and require manual tweaking
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:40 PM   #5
Ted Friesen
Nameless Being

Thank you again Paul. I had not used that feature before.