Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Ordered Kindle book - didn't get charged?

Normally purchasing a Kindle book from amazon.com goes - pick book, select which kindle to deliver it to, click pay, done. Order email is sent out right away. This time I tried to buy Hunger Games Trilogy since I figured all 3 books are not going to get cheaper than $9.87. I selected the Kindle, hit buy, it asked which card to use and I clicked ok. It has been long delivered, I also sent it out of my archive to my phone, but my card never got charged, nor have I received an email. The email of the free book "purchase" I did just minutes before went through with email and all. How long does it normally take for payment to go through? I thought it won't get delivered until paid for?

Did I screw something up? Am I going to get charged later?

Update: all good now, the email just took its sweet old time to arrive, so did the charge on my card.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 11-27-2012 at 12:05 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Normally purchasing a Kindle book from amazon.com goes - pick book, select which kindle to deliver it to, click pay, done. Order email is sent out right away. This time I tried to buy Hunger Games Trilogy since I figured all 3 books are not going to get cheaper than $9.87. I selected the Kindle, hit buy, it asked which card to use and I clicked ok. It has been long delivered, I also sent it out of my archive to my phone, but my card never got charged, nor have I received an email. The email of the free book "purchase" I did just minutes before went through with email and all. How long does it normally take for payment to go through? I thought it won't get delivered until paid for?

Did I screw something up? Am I going to get charged later?
Nah, it takes some time to settle/reconcile. Normally what happens with credit card is that approval is gotten and the transaction is done and then later -- like generally after hours (e.g. in the night) the card is charged etc.

In the holiday season this can be particularly true!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It shouldn't have asked you which card to use. Call Amazon Kindle support.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
If you don't have a default card or multiple cards then it certainly should have asked. Again as I said, during the holidays the credit card bureaus are so busy almost anything can happen -- including errors.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahh thank you, and yes there is 2 different cards in my account for different occasions. I ordered a bed last week, and the pre-authorization went to my card right away. But it did not get actually finalized until they shipped it out yesterday.

I will see and wait if maybe by tomorrow I have my email and the charge on my card.

Edit: just now looked and the email is finally there, so is the pre-authorization on my card.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 11-27-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
amazon now batches kindle purchases, same as music,other than free purchases
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Thank you, that makes sense. Would be nice if it said that somewhere - or to be able to put books in cart and pay for the lot ...
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Awwww, I read the HG trilogy at the beach this past August... Memories... $10 is such a steal! I think I paid 17 or more.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I've noticed that this is very sporadic. Sometimes, it takes a few hours, and a few purchases get bundled. Often, I still get the email just minutes after a purchase.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Quote:
That's good to know.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The pattern I've seen is that a free item stops previous bundling; all free items are dispatched alone (they were bundled, too, originally). I take advantage of this with rules in email to sort out the ones I pay for, so I can check them more easily (since amazon turned off my view of gift card use and won't turn it back on; yet, it works on two other family accounts, so I know it's something they set by account).

End of day stops a batch/bundle. In addition, no activity for some period of time (which seems to vary a bit) stops a bundle. So does going over some set amount (around $20, I think) or # of items. No doubt all of these are limits they play with, to limit exposure from declined charges.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote