Old 11-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #226
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
PEONLYGoldenAllmineErmineRC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero View Post
hello, I would appreciate it if someone could share a valid link for rc3.

Thank you
Try this one....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #227
Gerrye
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
Try this one....
Sorry, file to large for Mobilread... I'll put it up in my Dropbox and you can dolwnload it from therel
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #228
subzero
subzero began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you, how do I access your dropbox?
subzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #229
Gerrye
Zealot

Quote:
When the files are uploaded to the Dropbox, I will send you a link to share the folder... you'll probably have to open a Dropbox account if you don't have one....

I have a slow internet connection so it will take a while to upload the files...
Old 11-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #230
Gerrye
Zealot

PE only RC3

Quote:
When the files are uploaded to the Dropbox, I will send you a link to share the folder... you'll probably have to open a Dropbox account if you don't have one....

I have a slow internet connection so it will take a while to upload the files...

Try this link

https://www.dropbox.com/home/PE%20files

If this doesn't work, you can send me your email address and I'll send you a direct link....
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #231
subzero

sorry, does not work... says "folder PE does not exist"

I sent you a pm with my email address.

Last edited by subzero; 11-18-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: found the pm system
Old 11-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #232
subzero

Thanks for trying, I appreciate it.

Does anyone else have a copy of RC3 they can share?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #233
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi, subzero. I currently have my PE copying the gapps and I THINK the rc3 allmine update.zip to a single zip and slapping it on dropbox. I'll do a proper link share to you when it is done. I left the udpate on my SD card after I did it just to be on the safe side. So I am 99% positive it's the rc3 allmine.

*update*

Here ya go - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b42lnqcaqjl8xe3/0zO6A4VrVV

I left them as separate zips. Lemme know if it works.

Last edited by helf; 11-26-2013 at 10:57 AM.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #234
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
Hi helf, have you got the instructions as well, which was included in the original
rc3 file? Thanks to you I have got the update files
I don't want to screw it up

Never mind, i have found tarvoke's post with working links and instructions!
Took me long to make the decision and update. Just a few years

Last edited by Areka; 02-07-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #235
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areka View Post
Hi helf, have you got the instructions as well, which was included in the original
rc3 file? Thanks to you I have got the update files
I don't want to screw it up

Never mind, i have found tarvoke's post with working links and instructions!
Took me long to make the decision and update. Just a few years
Yay, glad it worked. Sorry I didn't respond sooner or to your other post. I've been AFK. How are you liking the update? I actually ended up removing the Google Apps stuff from my PE's ROM as well as all the built in apps that either didn't work anymore (edge store/activation, etc) or I didn't want and moving the apps I use often to the ROM using Titanium Backup. Without the any of the Google services running and the entourage services, my PE's battery life has improved a fair amount and it is a lot snappier.

I also highly recommend using the ADW launcher instead of the stock one. It looks nicer and runs very smoothly.

I can give you a run down of what I removed from my ROM and how my unit is set up if you want. Just send me a private message.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #236
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
I can give you a run down of what I removed from my ROM and how my unit is set up if you want. Just send me a private message.
I an interested in how to remove the useless entourage apps especially where battery life is increased. Will be updating today using the files in your post #233.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #237
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I'm glad many of you still hang around this forum!
Also very thankfull for the help!
I'm interested in the "run down"
I've updated first my EE, that went well, i just wanna do the PE now.
What i found about moving the library is that all content will be moved to the extsdcard "entire file system"
Is that correct? So not just library content? Or i'm just dumb/lazy to read more about this?
data storage device -> sd card?
In that case i need new microsd, i have got lots of "crap" on my PE.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #238
helf
Zealot

I will fire up my PE tonight or tomorrow and make a list of everything still in my ROM. I failed to actually keep a listing of what I removed. That way you can see what is missing versus the contents of your ROMs.

Removing stuff is actually pretty straight forward. If you are rooted (the Allmine update is rooted already, iirc. if not, install z4root and tell it to do a permanent root) you can update ES File Explorer and use its Root Explorer mode. You have to tell it to mount the /system partition as Read/Write (R/W). At that point you can navigate to /system/app/. Once in there, you can start deleting or moving *.apk files that you do not want and you can also move the APKs of apps you wish to put into your ROM to that directory. After doing that, set the /system partition back to Read Only (RO) and restart the PE.

If you do not want to do it by hand then I recommend Titanium Backup. Titanium Backup gives you a nice UI that lets you move system files to userspace, delete system files, "freeze" applications (temporarily disable them), as well as move user space programs to system.

On my PE, I have moved /all/ the apps and addons I use to /system and then told Titanium Backup to move the Dalvik cache to the ROM, as well. I have no apps in user space. You /can/ muck the PE up if you delete the wrong file. It took me several tries before I figured out mostly what all I could safely delete. I backed up my data to my SD card and ended up having to reflash my PE a dozen times

As far as battery life goes, I think it mostly came from removing the Google Services. Gapps leaves several services running in the background that wake the CPU up a lot. I do not know how much the EnTourage services affected battery life but since they were unnecessary I went ahead and removed them.

My PE is running a different keyboard app (Hacker's Keyboard) since I am running mine at a higher DPI setting. The stock keyboard broke when I did this. Hacker's Keyboard is a lovely replacement that is UI DPI indifferent. I removed the stock launcher entirely and just use ADW with a nice theme. I removed every phone related system I could from the ROM (Contacts, Dialer, etc). I maaay have removed BT support without thinking about it. I will have to put that back in as I wish to use a BT keyboard. I need to verify that one.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #239
Areka
Enthusiast

Has Golden Allmine decreased your PE's battery life compared to Ermine?
With much?
Purchased apps copied from phone to PE don't work no more, or i can't copy it anymore, that is why i suddenly need google play store on my PE.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #240
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
I will fire up my PE tonight or tomorrow and make a list of everything still in my ROM. I failed to actually keep a listing of what I removed. That way you can see what is missing versus the contents of your ROMs.
That would be excellent!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote