Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
KSO 6 for $6 Audible Promo Expiring

Back in May, the following offer from Audible appeared on our KSOs:

Quote:
$6 for 6 Audible Books (normally $68)

Get 6 months of AudibleListener Gold Membership for just $6 and enjoy an Audible book per month.
That offer was valid from 21 May ~ 24 Jun 2011 and is now starting to expire. My 6 month membership expires on 24 Dec.

For those who took advantage, how was your experience? Did you find sufficient content to keep you interested? Do you plan on renewing your membership?

The promo was a fantastic deal - $6 for 6 Audible books. Renewal will be much more expensive, ranging in price from $11.48 to $14.95 per audiobook (depending on the plan selected). Another option is Amazon's $100 promotion, which would yield a price of $6.62 per audiobook; if one of the items was something you were going to buy anyway.

Quote:
Save $100 on any qualifying product and get great audiobooks at great values! You'll receive a $100 credit toward your purchase at Amazon when you join Audible's AudibleListener® Gold plan for 12 months at $14.95/month.
I found lots of audiobooks to keep me interested and the quality was fantastic; but having to pay regular membership prices will more than likely kill my desire to renew. I have until Christmas to decide, but chances are strong that I'll cancel my membership. The library is still a rich source for audiobooks.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
While I did not take advantage of it during a KSO offer, I have been an audible member since summer of 2007, and I love it. When I first joined I had the membership for 2 books a month, but I've recently downgraded to 1 a month since I've purchased my kindle and I read more than I listen to books. But I still have several books that I have not listened to yet, but I plan on keeping my membership for many years to come. I find some books are so much more enjoyable by listening to them rather than reading them, and there are some that I like to listen to and read, Robert Jordan and Gena Showalter, to name a few. But I wish I could have gotten a deal for 6 for $6.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert