Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Lynda Benham
Lynda Benham began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch
Transferring library to new laptop

Hi. I have just bought a new laptop, downloaded Calibre and specified a folder called Calibre in My Documents. I then copied all my books from the calibre library(from my old laptop) backed up on my external hard drive.
I thought they would then be visible in Calibre but they aren't.
Do I have to transfer them all again book by book?
I hope not!
Thanks
Lynda
Lynda Benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You'll need to not only copy the books in their subfolders, but also the file metadata.db that should be in your libaries' root folder. There's a FAQ entry explaining the process in detail.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert