Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
Aristoexian
New Here
Aristoexian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro | iPhone 11 | MBP
Exclamation Moved Calibre Library; Covers Disappeared

I moved my Calibre Library, according to instructions on the FAQ, from an external drive where it was perfectly happy to Dropbox where all is well except that the cover on each of my 6442 books is missing. I pray this is fixable and that some kind soul here can direct me.

Calibre Version 2.81

Last edited by Aristoexian; 05-09-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Aristoexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Storing your calibre library in dropbox is dangerous, see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...rked-drive-nas

You can either reread the covers from the ebook files using the bulk metadata edit dialog or re-download them using the bulk cover dialog (select all books and right click the edit metadata button for both)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:18 AM   #3
Aristoexian
New Here
Aristoexian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro | iPhone 11 | MBP
You are so kind to take the time to help me out; thank you. Duly noted about playing in the cloud. At least it's not Google Drive!
Aristoexian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
missing covers, moving calibre library