Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Searching between tags

Hi:
I wonder how I can do this. I created some tags as Nobel de Literatura, and when I search I only do # premios: "= Nobel de Literatura", but I am updating the information and changed some records, from Nobel de Literatura to Nobel de Literatura (2011). And of course, the search does not include updated records. My query is like searching for part of the name of the tags, like using the wildcard (*)

I hope I have explained my query well

Best regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

mariaclaudia - the search term #premios:"=Nobel de Literatura" will look for an exact match, if you use #premios:"Nobel de Literatura" that will find books where #premios contains Nobel de Literatura

The Advanced Search feature can help with this sort of thing, IMO Advanced Search is a bit of a misnomer, I think of it as a Search Wizard.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-09-2017 at 08:34 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you very much for responding so quickly. My apologies, because I'm not explained well. What I did was create a custom column named premios and initially enter the value Nobel de Literatura. Then, I went to the User Category Editor, create a category called Premios de Literatura, from there in Category filter located the name assigned to the column premios and select the Nobel de Literatura in Available items. And ready.

But now I'm updating the information and I'm not only putting Nobel de Literatura in the custom column, but more detail, for example Nobel de Literatura (2011) and that's when in Available items I appear, as it should be, all the values, but I want you to show me all those who start or contain Nobel de Literatura.

I hope I explained better this time.

Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
Old 05-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mariaclaudia - I as understand the User Categories feature you have to assign specific individual values to a User Category.

So you will have to assign "Nobel de Literatura", "Nobel de Literatura 2011", "Nobel de Literatura 2012" . . . "Alfaguara Prize 2016" as individual #premios values to the "Premios de Literatura" User Category.

I appreciate that could be awkward to maintain via the Manage User Categories dialogue

The User Category plugin makes it easy to add/remove values to a User Category from the current book, but only values from the built columns - Authors, Publisher, Tags and Series. The plugin does not support custom columns, see post 53 in the plugin thread. Earlier this year another MR member and I tried and failed, to find anyone willing to add custom column support to the plugin.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #5
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Thanks a lot for the answer. That kind of solution are very smart. It's works for me. Again: thanks.