Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Solved CC won't fetch Content server Metadata

Calibre 9.41 (either db backend) Calibre companion fails to retrieve metadata for a selected book Connect to server mode

It does show new books, but just does not fetch metadata

Galaxy Tab2 7"
Win XP SP3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre 9.41 (either db backend) Calibre companion fails to retrieve metadata for a selected book Connect to server mode

It does show new books, but just does not fetch metadata

Galaxy Tab2 7"
Win XP SP3
Works fine for me.

What I did:
1) Updated to latest source. I use the new db.
2) Started calibre on my desktop.
3) Started CC.
4) Connected to the content server on my desktop.
5) Navigated to a book not on my device.
6) Short-tapped to look at metadata. I see metadata.
7) Download the book. Disconnect. I see the book and metadata
8) Delete the book. Reconnect. Long-press to download the book.
9) Disconnect. The book and its metadata are there.

Where in this sequence does it go wrong for you?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Works fine for me.

What I did:
1) Updated to latest source. I use the new db.
2) Started calibre on my desktop.
3) Started CC.
4) Connected to the content server on my desktop.
5) Navigated to a book not on my device.
6) Short-tapped to look at metadata. I see metadata.
7) Download the book. Disconnect. I see the book and metadata
8) Delete the book. Reconnect. Long-press to download the book.
9) Disconnect. The book and its metadata are there.

Where in this sequence does it go wrong for you?

Step 6
It goes to Getting Metadata and just spins

It is working now (same titles) first book was really slow, all later books were snappy (as usual)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote