Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
bebook neo battery replacement

I'm thinking about upgrading my Bebook One to the Neo, and was wondering if the internal battery is user replaceable or not? The online manual doesn't say anything about replacement, nor is a battery compartment outline visible in the drawings, nor have I been able to find a MR post about it. If not replaceable, then I suppose one needs to send the entire reader back to the company for battery replacement, assuming that Endless Ideas is still in operation when that happens.

I really liked the BB One standard cell phone battery because eventually the internal battery ceased to hold a charge and the replacement battery was very inexpensive on ebay.
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
The battery is replaceable. Not looked into how easy to source a replacement is but it should not be a problem.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the info Stormchild! All the reviews, and especially the comments by HarryT suggest that the Neo is a great ereader, and with a replaceable battery it looks like an ideal upgrade for my two year old BB One.
Bob
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
bobcdy
Fanatic

Neo battery is not user replaceable.

Before I had asked about the battery replacement on MR, I had emailed Endless Ideas about that. Today they answered me: the battery is NOT user replaceable, and must be replaced by an authorized dealer.

It looks like I'll be waiting to upgrade my BB One until something comes along with user replaceable battery - I don't think having to wait for weeks for replacement is exactly what I'm looking for.

Perhaps by opening the entire case, thus voiding warranty, one might replace the battery??
Bob
Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Before I had asked about the battery replacement on MR, I had emailed Endless Ideas about that. Today they answered me: the battery is NOT user replaceable, and must be replaced by an authorized dealer.

It looks like I'll be waiting to upgrade my BB One until something comes along with user replaceable battery - I don't think having to wait for weeks for replacement is exactly what I'm looking for.

Perhaps by opening the entire case, thus voiding warranty, one might replace the battery??
Bob
You have an user-replaceable battery and an user-replaceable battery.

Some devices do have a battery but are locked in completely. You must about completely demolish the device before you can get it.

Others have a non-user-replaceable battery that can still be replaced without too much trouble. It often requires you to open the case, which might require some small screwdrives. This will often "void" the the warranty, true. But by the time you're thinking about replacing it, the warranty most likely will just be over anyway (at least, that's my experience! no matter how long the warranty is...). But the battery will be easily visible and removed.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
bobcdy
Fanatic

Sweetpea,
Dulin in another forum indicated that the battery is easily removed and replaced. He did not specify the battery designation, so I have no idea if it's a common or rare type of battery, or how expensive it will be. The Neo certainly sound great, but I think I still need to know more about the battery before purchasing one. Hopefully someone will eventually pass on this information, but the Neo has only been out a short time so that few new owners are willing to void the warranty to find out about the battery.
Bob
Old 08-26-2010, 02:12 AM   #7
hca2000
hca2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox, Bebook Mini, HTC Desire, Ipad, Kindle 3 Wifi
Redbaron101 at the official BeBook forum have taken a picture of the Bebook Neo without the back cover, clearly showing the battery.

http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic....st=0&sk=t&sd=a

It looks like the model number is 355585.
hca2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
bobcdy
Fanatic

hca2000
Thanks! That forum post was exactly what I needed!

It looks from the photo of the battery that it's a special one because of its size and the 'Boox' label, but perhaps it can be cross-listed. I'll check it out as far as possible.

At the very least, one could always buy a spare battery from Boox to eliminate sending in the entire reader for battery replacement.

Thanks again.
Bob
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #9
HarryLazy
HarryLazy began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo
Replacement battery:

http://ereader-store.de/de/zubehor/4...-boox-m92.html
HarryLazy is offline   Reply With Quote