Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #31
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You might also want them to go into the Logging Category settings and change the the logged categories. I don't know which will be used for the buttons, but, turning off the frontlight, sync, packetdump and wifi options will reduce the size of the log a lot.

They can also go back into the developers options and do a "Save log" after the test. That will create a timestamped file that will stop at that point.
The input category is used for the buttons.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geek1011: A KOReader log snippet might be of interest here, if only as a x-ref

EDIT: (Next -> Prev).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-07-2018 at 06:22 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #33
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Great job mate!!! Thanks.
And please add my vote for reducing top margin in epubs.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #34
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@geek1011: A KOReader log snippet might be of interest here, if only as a x-ref

EDIT: (Next -> Prev).
That's perfect. So it seems like the keycodes are just the usual keys. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Great job mate!!! Thanks.
And please add my vote for reducing top margin in epubs.
No problem! As for the top margins, don't get too excited, as it's one of the trickiest things to debug so far. I'll probably end up figuring it out, but unless some kind of brainwave comes over me, it will probably be a while.

Last edited by geek1011; 11-07-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #35
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Thanks again
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #36
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I've released patches v26 with a new "Change pop-up footnote font-family" patch by me

This patch was made at the request of jackie_w:

You're welcome! The reason why it didn't work for you is that even though the RegularTouchLabel is used in the ConfirmationDialog, the ConfirmationDialog>#text styling overrides it.

Now, I have 2 more requests to do (I've done 3!): the page turn buttons (waiting for RobertJSawyer to send me logs), and the large top/bottom margins when headers/footers are disabled.
You weren't supposed to do them all in one night! What will you do tomorrow? You must really be in the Zone.

Thank you for this. It's late here, so I'll give the footnotes a thorough workout tomorrow when my brain's working better.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #37
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
1. On the Forma, I'd love to have the option to have the physical page buttons ALWAYS trigger page forward -- i.e., toggle up OR toggle down. My grip shifts, so sometimes one toggle direction is more natural for me than the other, but I always want to be going forward. If I need to go backwards (rarely) I can just swipe.
Can you try this in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml and tell me if it works?

Code:
Both page turn buttons go next:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: |
      Might make both page turn buttons on the Forma go next. Still testing.
  # In ReadingView::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*):
  # nop the possible branch to prev page, falling through to the next page no matter what.
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x9E378A, FindH: 2E B1, ReplaceH: 00 46}
EDIT: jackie_w has tested it, and it does work. I'm releasing this now in v27.

Last edited by geek1011; 11-07-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #38
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
You are on fire! I just got home from work and was about to try to figure out how to get you your requested logs when I saw you had already moved on! Amazing. I'm running out for the evening, so I won't get to try this until tomorrow some time, but I most definitely will (if someone doesn't beat me to it first). Thanks so much.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #39
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
You are on fire! I just got home from work and was about to try to figure out how to get you your requested logs when I saw you had already moved on! Amazing. I'm running out for the evening, so I won't get to try this until tomorrow some time, but I most definitely will (if someone doesn't beat me to it first). Thanks so much.
jackie_w just beat you to it . It works perfectly. I'm releasing it now in v27.

Last edited by geek1011; 11-07-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:59 PM   #40
geek1011
Wizard

Patches v27 with new "Both page turn buttons go next" patch

I've released patches v27 with a new "Both page turn buttons go next" patch by me

This patch makes both physical page turn buttons go next in the reader on the Kobo Forma. This patch was made at the request of rogerinnyc.

If anyone has any other requests (other than the reader top margins one), feel free to ask.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #41
mountian
mountian began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
# Missing since 4.5.9587
# Custom page refresh options

...It is possible to combine the patches before and add this opptions again? Thanks!
mountian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #42
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
geek1011: can you please make this patch (Pocket article delete default to "Pocket Account")? Thanks so much for your continued work.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:04 AM   #43
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Look at the remarkable work geek1011 has done, I feel so happy for him and excited, I wonder how can I learn to hack kobo device and make patch like geek1011 does, is there any reference or guide?
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:38 AM   #44
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
About the following patch

- libnickel: Set swipe to unlock (by geek1011)

I already posted a comment on this commit page of github(https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...3c4f02c8f87863 ), I'll paste it here.

Quote:
"Set slide to unlock" patch is a little confusing, by default, the firmware of Kobo Forma enables the feature, and you have to swipe to unlock the screen.

So the "Set slide to unlock" patch, I though, "Enabled: yes" means do not change it and you have to swipe to unlock, since I don't want this feature, so I set it "Enabled: no", after installing patches, I found this feature is still there, so I changed it back to "Enabled: yes" and reinstalled the patches, then, it was gone.

So I believe this patch need a little or extra comment.

Last edited by codychan; 11-08-2018 at 06:40 AM.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #45
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
@geek1011, thanks a lot for the patches and your phantastic work.

It works very fine on my Kobo Aura H2O, 2nd Edition, Version 1.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching